NYURDRMS WARLORDS Pitboss Game

If you're going to go ahead with an accelerated start then I should probably bow out, too. I can't count on being around, and to be honest if we had known at the beginning there would be one I wouldn't have signed up on account of my schedule.

Sorry. :(

-Fosse

Man, hard to please everyone. Fosse, and everybody else, what if we just start the game without a accelerated start at noon on Saturday, that way those that are waiting on the expansion can surely get in, and those that aren't available can play within that 24 hours after. How does that sound to everbody? We will just start at noon on Sat. eastern and play 24 hours turns.

If you want to give up the idea of a start session, I'm all for it. I hate to prevent it from happening though.

I understand the frustration. I started a game a week or so ago that was to have a start session, almost everyone was there... and connection issues ruined it for us. :mad:

I understand real life could interfere with game schedule. In my other game, there is a player who drops out after just a few turns, since he could not even find time to play one turn a day...:crazyeye:

If we cannot find the time that fits everybody, I'm fine with playing without the accelerated start.

Ok, that sounds good, lets scrap the accelerated start, sounds like that works best for everybody and is probably best. We will officially start the game on Saturday at noon eastern time. Everybody will have 24 hours after the start to log in, claim their civ, and play thier first turn.

Zenspiderz, with this change and a non accelerated start do you still want to play?

I will PM everybody with the IP when we get started, I know many of you have tested and logged in Ok, so I think we should have a smooth start. Also, I will be using the email sending tool, so I will need everybody's email address, it will send out reminders when the turn is ready. I will pm all involved with my email if you would prefer to email me than pm your address.

Also, my getting the game by Saturday is definately looking better now. I just checked my USPS tracking and the package left the NJ facility last night. And since I'm in NY, it should only take about a day and a half for it to get to me.

I would also like to suggest either a 20 or 22 hour timer. The timer always runs slow since the game pauses every time someone logs in and other things like that. So setting it to 20 or 22 will make it be more like 24-hours RL. That's how we have it in most of my other PTBS games.

NYURDRMS said:
Hey Overload,

I didn't think about that. Do you forsee any problems with the Warlords and your CivStats, other than the pictures?

Great add on by the way.

Chad

I haven't actually fired up the Pitboss that came with Warlords - I assume it's the same interface, but if they changed anything, even a very small thing like an extra line of text somewhere, the uploader will not work. I'll check that out now actually.

Thanks Overlord, let me know if we won't be able to use it. That would be a shame.

OK, guys we are full. If anybody else is intersted in playing go ahead an post and I will add you to the reserve list in case somebody drops out.

OK, guys game has started, good luck. You should have gotten an email with instructions on starting. If you have any problems please email, PM, or AIM (NYURDRMS).

I'm in! This is exciting. Is this going to wind up on Civstats (when the server is de-hacked)?

Fosse said:
I'm in! This is exciting. Is this going to wind up on Civstats (when the server is de-hacked)?

Yes, I have been trying to get in all morning. Once they are back up I will add it. Overload wasn't sure if there might be an issue with a Warlords pitboss game since I think we would be the first, but we will try.

Yay! My game FINALLY arrived today. Damn USPS!

Anyway, it looks like the AI at least didn't mess anything up from what I might have done myself. So I'm at least thankful for that. :)

Make sure, when you claim your civ, to explicitly cancel any automate commands your units might have. I took an AI on turn 2 for a game just the other day,a nd couldn't figure out why my warriors were always in a different spot than any reasonably person would have sent them.

Turns out, they were automated. Real waste of time.

Good to hear. Just so everybody is aware, there is one civ that is being run by the AI, as the player that claimed it has been having internet problems. He told me he should hopefully be online any day.

Good luck to everyone.

Chad

Top Bottom