The First Slobadog Pitt Boss

Epic or normal speed. Its both OK with me. about fast start: i can on sunday afternoon or so. My timezone is GM +1.

Accelerated start would be great, but not sure if we can find the time to do it.
I am west coast US -
Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT -7 hours
and work days - so probably could not be reliably online until 8pm local any given night.

my civstats login is just Cardano

Normal would probably be my preference, Epic leans a little too much toward a single UU allowing one civ to gain an early advantage for my tastes, but I can go with any gamespeed.

CB Droege - "I didn't get in because I hadn't decided who I wanted to be yet? What about all the 'randoms'? Are they lacking in motivation to play? "

As a 'random' I would say that this is a fair choice of leader. It is, in fact, one of the choices that you can select from the pull down and as such should be considered at least as valid as any of the other pull down choices.

I will not support Slobadog's choice not to include you, however, and would be happy to give you my slot if you feel that you were unfairly maligned by not including information that was not specifically requested.

Up to him really.
Cheers

I did not include CB Droege because you did not pick the choice of civ or the choice of random civ. All you said was i'll join. I have no problem if you had chosen random. I'm sorry i didn't clarify that properly.

But alas you didn't say much. And that was why you seemed to lack determination. But i mean no offense. Its just hard to figure out who to include in these games. Sorry. Next time i'll flip a coin to decide who gets in the game. I could even flip a coin right now.

Most games are 'first up, first in', and that has become a standard. No need to flip coins or try to decide based on merit...

No worries, though... ;) As I said, I am in enough games as it is. Some of these guys are not even in a couple of games yet, much less 8 of them, so I'm okay if they get the spot... :)

Well i guess this is one of the mistakes that i mentioned i might make. :blush:
When i said you lacked determination it was meant to sorta be in jest but some things i say in real life don't translate into text very well. I need to pay more attention.

However no harm done as deleatur has recently notified me of his withdrawel due to inability to join the accelerated start. So the spot is open if you want it. I've decided to change the game speed to normal as i no longer think the map is big enough for epic.

Regarding the accelerated start. Would Sunday, 8:00 PM U.S West Coast time be ok.

How long are we going to go for in the accelerated start? Sunday 8pm Pacific (11pm here in Toronto) should likely be good for me... but I might need to beg for a 15-30 mins later - I'll know better on Thursday.

You should try setting up a test server over the next few days to get connection issues and the ins and outs out of the way so we make sure we login, etc. :D

Talk to deleatur re: some of the quirks he went through getting his set up... and CB is a great resource too. :D

Add me to the list of reserves, I'll most likely not be needed but just in case.

For Holland it should be 5:00 AM. Unless I calculated wrong. Hmm that would probably be a difficult time for you.

I was thinking of doing a 2 hour accellerated start.

I'll set up a test server today if possible.

Hi,

The time is 4am Monday morning for me (UK). Argh.

To make things easier I believe I should withdraw so the next person in line (in American continent) will play.

Thanks anyway.

Apoll.

Hi Slobadog,
It seems like we have a wide variety of time zones for this game.
I'm in uk and think this would make acc.start at 4am,not ideal.
still interested,but would prefer either a bit later or a lot earlier.
I Think some others are GMT or GMT+1.

Maybe we could skip the accelerated start since its causing so many scheduling problems.

Could we do a Saturday night Nth America/Sunday morning Europe accelerated start? I don't mind starting in the middle of the night my time - which would give these guys an early morning Sunday start, and you a late evening Saturday? :D

Top Bottom