Tried capturing a capital on regicide lately?

Bruinesian

Chieftain
I found out that once you set your game on regicide, the AI will fill its capital with dozens of defensive units. I compared the amount of spearman the AI produces in PTW in their capital and the numbers in the regular CIV. 20 turns later, there were about three times as much military units almost exclusively of spearman, while in reg. CIV, the majority of the units are offensive, i.e, archers.
I know it makes sense for the AI, but what I don't get is how they still manage to produce settlers, workers, or any other improvements.

My point is that I know that this very predictable AI tactic just screams out EXPLOITABLE! but I haven't figured out a strategy to overcome it. Yeah, I know I can counter with massive armament of my own but my capital needs wonders people! I don't want a capital looking like Houston, which is about not looking like anything at all. :D (Oh, I kid, J'aime Houston! parce qu'on dit: Houston is for lovers!).

Oh and one more observation. AI kings don't seem to move around out of the capital. I set mine on auto-explore. :crazyeye: (You really should try that; no harm ever done to me, unless you're playing MP.) I mean, if the AI is smart enough to arm its capital to the hilt due to the king's presence, wouldn't it make sense that they have the capability of deception? Like making the player believe that b/c of such a large unit stack in the capital the king should be there, when in fact, it's in a small laundry ship called the USS Walter Mondale or its detergent-supplier, the USS Jimmy Carter. While mine is battling far-off barbarians w/o the knowledge of King Xerxes, I know for sure that the Persian monarch is about to be slaughtered in Persepolis.

It will also be cool if one the next patches make the presence of a king in a city reduces its corruption and bring them under civil order. Monarchs don't have to be as useless as being the queen of Australia.

I think the exploit is that he is devoting a large part of his economy to protecting his king. You should have a stronger relative economy if you don't play like him and only have a reasonable capital defense.

Yeah I just RoP raped a huge empire of Babylon and attacked their capital and they had at leat 13 infantry denfeding their capital. Smart if you ask me. Even though I still took it. Fun watching it totally disappear off the map. If they didn't have that much troops, it would be too easy.

Had that problem with Hannibal the other day, when I try to take his capital (with him in it), he had over SIX musketman there, along with a couple crazy pikeman and horseman. Did the next turn had two more musketman and then finally Hannibal. He died and that was the end of his kingdom (except one city, which got destroy by Rome).

By the way, had any of you encounter a problem I had, which I destroy Queen Elizabeth of England and destroy her last city. But the thing is, she was still around in the game, but had no city. She never got any money pass that point and her technology research stop in it tracks. She was still around at the end of game as well, still stuck in her old rags, while everyone was in future tech style. And I did check for a settler, but never saw one of her again.

Maybe she had a settler inside a boat. But if you destryoed her, then she should have been dead, unless you had mass regicide on.

It was regular regicide game, Yzman. But still was strange to witness, as the entire game she had "right of passages" deal with other countries after being destoryed. Couldn't find anything left of her after cleaning the island of other civiliziations.

Top Bottom