Ials pbem #1

It's hard to stay interested when it's 2 weeks between turns. We were originally on a course for about a 3 year game. Now I doubt we could get to the end of it in 5.

Perhaps a renewed commitment by people to turn the saves around within a reasonable amount of time would be a good idea ?

Those not willing to do this could perhaps be replaced, to get the mojo back.

Arwon and tycoonist seem to be the slowest players.

Hopefully they will offer commitment, otherwise I will consider replacing.

I've got the save now, but am unable to play it until Monday. I have every now and then day or two when I can't play, but can probably do something about it.

The point isn't that the save has to be played within 24 hours.

The point is to have a good progress, so it would be nice if everyone most of the time could get the save sent on in a day or two. And sometimes much faster is also very nice.

But if that's not possible at certain times, we should be notified about it!

And if it's almost impossible to ever get it sent on in a day or two, then we should consider replacing.

I'll try and get it played and sent faster. I tend to forget completely if I receive the email on my phone at some weird hour, instead of when I am at home. Sorry guys, will make sure I do it faster.

Gps.

I tend to mark the save important if I can't play it when received. Other good reminder could be that you won't click this thread if you haven't played, so it'll be on your subscribed threads list (if you enter "my account", that is your account, when you come to CFC).

Me and Cutlass could also more easily send reminders, if you don't mind. It's quite a big threshold for rushing people, for me at least. :)

The point isn't that the save has to be played within 24 hours.

The point is to have a good progress, so it would be nice if everyone most of the time could get the save sent on in a day or two. And sometimes much faster is also very nice.

But if that's not possible at certain times, we should be notified about it!

And if it's almost impossible to ever get it sent on in a day or two, then we should consider replacing.

I kind of disagree with this. In the early days most people usually turned it around within a few hours, and we cycled in around two days, occasionally less.

There are 7 of us, and if everyone sends it on 'in a day or two' then each turn will take one or two weeks, which is kind of where we are at the moment. I don't class that as good progress.

If people have problems, or other RL things, that's expected from time to time, and if they let everyone know, no problem.

But, if they have lost touch with the game to the extent that a week or so goes by and they are not wondering where the save is, then I think the writing is well and truly on the wall. A large part of the interest in this is thinking that the game will finish, and the time spent so far will not have been wasted.

Okay, yeah. I should have put more emphasis on moving it along as quick as possible. My point was just that it's okay if one can't play the turn in a day or two once in a blue moon, but that we at least should be notified if there will be a delay.

The save is back in England now, however.

As of 3 minutes ago! Give me a chance!!!

EDIT: Sent now. 2 week turnaround - not good.

Top Bottom