Problem with civ5 touch enabled mode tablet (asus vivotab smart)

gudbrand3

Chieftain
Hey, I hope there is someone out there who can help!:/

I'm trying to play civ5 on my Asus vivotab smart (full windows 8) in tablet mode. The problem is that when I try to launch the tablet mode a black window pops up and then closes. It is like it won't launch. The same problem occurs when trying to launch the game in DirectX 10/11.

The weird thing is that the game launches and works when I launch it in DirectX 9 mode. I can even play even though it is really hard as touch aren't enabled.

I have tried reinstalling DirectX, update the graphics driver from device manager and updated all other updates with windows update to no luck. I've also done the DirectX trouble-shooter which results in 0 problems.

I have no idea what to try next. I hope someone out there can help me :/ tx

It seems that your graphics card is just not capable of Dx11 (doesn't matter what Civ displays, it displays aways the same, that it's recommended).
Not sure what that means for the touch mode, but since the Intel Atom is also not the very strongest processor, I'd say this might just be too much for your computer.

Pretty sure your right. Just found and article saying it can only coupe with directx 9...
I assume it isn't possible to get the touch functionality using directx 9? No way of overriding the settings to be able to do it?

I was able to launch it using the DirectX9 link, and it seemed there was some touch functionality. I could navigate the setup menus, etc. The issue I ran into was video. Some of the menus were unreadable, like there was some video sync issue.

Top Bottom