What victory is hardest to achieve ?

Disident

Chieftain
Guys I have one question. What victory is hardest to achieve? In my opinion that is cultural(tourism) victory. So what do you think ? :cool:

I have trouble getting a science victory done fast. I end up doing culturals faster most of the time.

Time victory took me forever though, like 500 turns.

I have trouble getting a science victory done fast. I end up doing culturals faster most of the time.

Time victory took me forever though, like 500 turns.

For me is like reversed. I always done science victory fast enough but i kinda suck at cultural victory and took me forever to achieve it. :crazyeye:

I think this depends on settings and civs.

But personally I find it hard to reach time victory too. Cultural and science are the ways to go for me.

Diplomatic and domination are easiest.

Scientific is next.

What makes culture hard is you'll have THAT ONE CIV that has a ton of culture. You've overcome all the other but you're still at only 48% with that one.

Cultural, definitely.

On Immortal+, that would be Time victory if you go after it to such an extent that you don't have some other victory condition as a fallback since the AI can launch the space ship well before 2050 AD on these levels.

In addition, a Huge map can be domination victory really difficult to achieve but in this case failure is more likely to result in a time victory than an actual defeat if you took out the science AIs first.

Cultural victory in BNW is actually pretty easy if you use guilds & science to get it. I normally find it about 30 turns quicker than spaceship.
You can also use your military against the culture leader.

On Immortal+, that would be Time victory if you go after it to such an extent that you don't have some other victory condition as a fallback since the AI can launch the space ship well before 2050 AD on these levels.

In addition, a Huge map can be domination victory really difficult to achieve but in this case failure is more likely to result in a time victory than an actual defeat if you took out the science AIs first.

Cultural victory in BNW is actually pretty easy if you use guilds & science to get it. I normally find it about 30 turns quicker than spaceship.
You can also use your military against the culture leader.

Is it really that hard to do domination on huge/immortal? I suppose on deity that would be nightmare, but on immortal, the good old bomber rush doesn't really take that long even with the new rules for 6 planes cap per city ...

On huge I imagine CV being hardest tbh. Its hard enough on standart seize maps on deity anyway ...

Culture and Domination difficulty scale well with game difficulty. Science and Diplo are very self centered and less AI dependent. Culture and Domination are the hardest at Deity but likely the easiest at say Prince.
Science isn't even map dependent while the other 3 are harder the bigger the map is, especially culture and domination.

So it's hard to answer the question because it depends on these factors.

Peaceful culture.
You can however win an easy culture victory if you set yourself up for a domination game.

Time. Such boring end game. Hard to not give up despite it will be a win 150/200 turns later.

Did somebody win a Time victory on Marathon ? Just to know if there're such crazy players of civ V. :D

It was easy for me to get diplomatic, time, science and eventually cultural victory once I understood how tourism worked. Haven't had a single conquest victory yet. Out of those games that I won, cultural was difficult, because of a different strategy I had to think of.

Diplomatic for me. probably because i dont go for it.

That's actually the easyist to achieve if you do go after it.

1. Follow the standard science is King for every victory condition tactics.

2. After finishing your first tree but before you are allowed into Rationalism, open Patronage to allow construction of the Forbidden Palace wonder for 2 extra votes.

3. Standard first spy in your capital and all future ones initially to protect key city state allies.

4. Construct NIA somewhere just for that extra spy.

5. Adopt Freedom, following the completion of Rationalism then pick Freedom tenents to advance to level 3 as quickly as possible and pick the one giving influence every turn with city states you have a trade route. (About that time reroute trade routes to city states)

6. About mid way into Modern era, divert from the standard tech play in favor of a strict beeline to Globalism.

7. Propose World Ideology of Freedom for two extra votes.

8. Ensure that you have enough votes to be the leader of the UN when crossing into information era for the extra votes from being the host.

9. About the time you discover Globalism turn all spies into diplomats to get 1 extra vote per diplomat.

10. At this point buy city states where needed / use your military to liberate city states the AI conquered.

I play with 22 civs / 41 CS and cultural is harder than domination IMO, once you start dominating you can steamroll everyone, but cultural is so much more painful and really requires you to go smack the top 2-3 cultural civs around a bit to make your life easier (which really just degenerates into domination lite)

Both science and diplomatic are easy for me, but science is more tedious. Also I usually get around turn 260 win with DV but 280 win with SV so diplomatic is easier to win early.

Conquest really depends on map and meta game. Can be tedious, very hard (choke points) or easy (all coastal capitols)

CV seems to be hardest. Mainly because you have to commit to it and if you're playing continent with a culture runaway civ, it will be quite challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time. Such boring end game. Hard to not give up despite it will be a win 150/200 turns later.

What is the maximum difficulty level you could pull this off (with all victory conditions enabled)? Would it just be a domination game where you paused to run down the clock? I ask because I think it would be interesting if there are settings where the time victory is a feasible option!

I find domination the hardest personally, especially on Deity.

Doesn't this have to be true, and at any difficulty level? There are some early dom rushes that have to seen through to completion (because you are way behind in tech at the very end). Also, if you conquered all the CS there would not be enough votes for diplomatic victory. But other than those two examples, is it not the case that any dom victory can be paused for one of the other victory conditions?

I think it is a little different for everyone due to different playstyles, but mine is Cultural.

Top Bottom