What victory is hardest to achieve ?

Time victory is, hands down, the hardest to manage in BNW. Not only do you have to keep the AI from the other victory conditions, but you have to avoid winning yourself by another means. Avoiding Diplo, domination and space victories are easy enough, but avoiding Cultural victory in BNW is tough.

I have never achieved a science victory over 400 hours of playtime (without mods). I have not even done the achievement :p ( consider that i am not playing with mods). However i should mention that i have not played the likes of Babylon and Korea or other good at science victory Civs. Personally i think it depends with what you are familiar with and what suits you better, but if i had to choose one i should choose science because it seems difficult to close the gap you have with the AI's civs once they get ahead in research and technologies.

Beetle : I only try it on low level (highest was on King). Sometimes, I wonder what an HoF gautlet on Deity will make. On quick speed, it's not so boring (330 turns). 500 turns (standard) is very long.
Two difficulties : my lazyness and avoid cultural victory.

I have never achieved a science victory over 400 hours of playtime (without mods). However i should mention that i have not played the likes of Babylon and Korea or other good at science victory Civs.

FWIW all civs can achieve straightforward science victory. Getting better at science is probably a prerequisite for bumping up the difficultly level.

On quick speed, it's not so boring (330 turns).

Thanks for that, I will have to give it try. My standard speed games take that many turns anyway! You are not being lazy, the point of the game is to be entertaining.

it all depends on the set up. you can choose a standard map, and greece or Siam with 40 CS, go patronage and diplomatic victory is in the bag. if you are against them and you are playing mongols, itis bloodyhard to compete on a diplo victory with 40 CS.

Top Bottom