But which Israel?

Which Israel would you most like to see in Civ 5?

• Ancient Israel-Under King David

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Ancient Israel-Under King Solomon

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Classical Israel-Under Judah Maccabee

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Modern Israel-Under David Ben-Gurion

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Modern Israel-Under Benjamin Netanyahu

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iannewton80

Chieftain
From what I've seen many if not most Civilization five players support Israel being included in Civilization five. But the question is, which Israel? Should it be Israel in about 1000 BC under the more violent King David? Israel under David's son King Solomon with bonus' in :c5gold: gold? Should it be a Maccabean Israel? (Very protective, nationalistic and zealous?) Under Judah Maccabees? Should it be a modern Israel that is extremely protective (even willing to use nukes), if so should it be under David Benn-Gurion (Israel's first prime minister) or should they dare to have the very modern leader: today's Prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu?

What do you guys think?

If Israel were to be in Civilizations Five, which would it be?

An ancient Israel would probably be more of a 'Great Empire of History' than the current state of the nation.

Also, less likely to step on toes in the world market & therefore can sell more units elsewhere. I bet a lot of countries in the Middle East would consider a ban if the game recognized Modern Israel as a nation.

Modern Israel is no more than a glorified city-state if that.

Nah, they deserve to be a civ if only because of the Six-Day War, not to mention the not shooting down of missiles coming to their country for the sake of national interest. They absolutely deserve to be a civ.

I vote for ancient Israel under king David because I think players all over the world can connect better with it, and without getting too much into today's politic.

We already have Israel..it was part of Babylon, Ottomans, Egypt and Rome

Grabs huge popcorn

Of course, it doesn't have to be one Israel from one specific era. Take Vanilla India, for instance - it's led by the relatively recent Gandhi (1869-1948), has a Mughal UB (1500-1800), and has War Elephants (pre-1000's) for the UU. Israel could be led by King David, have a Maccabee UU, and have something modern-ish for a UU or UB. Or whatever. Just food for thought. :D

Palestine wasnt ever a state... so there cant be a civilization / city state called palestine...

:wallbash:

This thread is going to descend into political debate pretty quickly. I can't even vote in the poll because Palestine isn't there.

Moderator Action: It will only become a political debate if you make it one.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

How about "no Israel", on the grounds that it was only ever a fairly unimportant regional kingdom, even under David? :p.

Give us Oman and the Swahili before dealing with scantily sourced ancient kingdoms :p.

What's to stop them from being like France for example? Like an ancient leader with a modern UU/UA.

I vote Solomon.
Not sure about a UA but this is some thoughts I had.
UU: Prophet of Israel as a GG replacement(think Moses, Joshua, Elijah etc, spiritual, civil & military leaders that led the Israelites.
Prophets act as a General and provide 1 faith per turn. Can be used to create a religious Oracle for 2 faith/2 culture/2 science per turn. Oracle kept as a Great work in the Temple UB
Receive 1 Prophet of Israel when you found a Pantheon, a Religion and a Temple in the Capital.

UB: Temple of Solomon
Provides faith & slots for Oracle's from the Prophet of Israel UU.

This is a bit of a loaded poll. I propose a second poll: Which civilization already in the game best represents Israel now?

A) Ottoman Empire
B) Babylon
C) Assyria
D) Greece
E) Rome
F) Jerusalem as a city-state
G) Judaism as a religion
H) that you can mod it now and add any civilization you want

This is a bit of a loaded poll. I propose a second poll: Which civilization already in the game best represents Israel now?

Hmmm well in that case I would probably say Ethiopia actually, early focus on faith and defensive bonus & late game UU.
Greece UA is another option - Solomon seemed to have a charm (and wealth) that enabled him to forge lots of diplomatic marriages with the surrounding citystates & empires; Ethiopia, Tyre, Sidon....

Guys but the Ottomans, the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Persians, the Greeks and Romans don't represent the Jews--most of those treated the Jews badly in fact. There are at least 3 Muslim majority Civilizations (Arabia, Morocco, Ottoman) Why can't we have one Jewish Civilization?

According to this http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=465612 no Civilization will choose Judaism by default, as this is a game about Civilization why should it ignore the Jews as a people and have no Judaism-default Civilization at all?

And guys, lets be real Palestine isn't even a UN recognized nation and it hasn't maintained sovereignty under the name Palestine as a separate state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom