"Shadow" schedule

If Kael Coalbane is a CoE hero now, are the sheaim getting a new hero? (I think he ued to be with the sheaim). Also are there only gonna be 1 hero for the Emp/ CoE? The other religions all have 2. Is there another counsellor for the CoE? The Emp has chalid astrakein and I'm gueesing the Eolhim hero, Corlindale. I think Losha Valas would be a good councellor for the CoE.

Maybe things like the Tablet of Bambur and song of autumn should be items, this would allow you to move a holy city after you raze the old one.

Kael C was Svartalfar hero

How about Necronomicon, and Code of Junil
The Stigmata on the Unborn isn't a building either

Kael Colbane was the Svartalfar hero (and before that, an AV hero). I already asked who the new dark elf hero will be, but Kael hasn't given a clue about the new heroes that will replace either of the the new religions' heroes.

Ok, it seems I somehow read Overcouncil as Undercounsil, hence the confusion and the question earlier. It didn't make much sense to say that any neutral of evil civ can join the Undercouncil, but not be a member of the Undercouncil. Still, I think that a voting member/full member distinction would make sense for the Undercouncil, as would representation based on how many of your citizens follow the Council.

Still (if possible, which it probably isn't, without some major changes in the games code, some of which might not be accessible to modders anyway), I think it would be much more interesting if the an Undercouncil member with the Esus state religion could feign another religion/alignment and be a member of the Overcouncil as well. Perhaps in such a case his vote would actually be controlled by the Undercouncil, where his true allegiance lies. They would basically just be there to thwart the actions of their opponents councils, but calling a vote to throw out true good civs under the pretext that they are the Undercouncil's spies would be a nice twist. Any Overcouncil civ could be able to accuse any others of being traitors (kicking them off the council if the council as a whole agrees, and possibly having a small chance that their real alignment/religion would be discovered even before the vote, thus making their expulsion automatic), but only the real traitors would know if the accusations are right. You would get a huge diplomatic malus with a civ that you accuse (whether right of not), and if the Overcouncil disagrees with the accusation they will then vote on whether to expel you instead. If both the accuser and the accused are really traitors, then the accuser should also be kicked off of the Undercouncil (Unless you decided to make it so Undercouncil spies couldn't control their own vote at all, in which case perhaps the Undercouncil would hold a vote to decide what all their spies' votes should be. In this case it would probably be impossible for a traitor to betray another traitor). The ultimate aim of the Undercouncil would be to control the Overcouncil, thus insuring that good and evil civs alike are under their control. Failing this, they should want to make the Overcouncil collapse, so that once the good civs have been divided, they can easily be pick off, one at a time...

The council is so secret that even the players can not know that for sure ;)

Wait... so you don't automatically get the equipment if you successfully defend then?

Not sure, but could be a slight issue with that since you could attack, lose the item, but then recover it with a nearby unit.

(Based off of the screenshot showing Orthus' Axe, and a notice that he died while you were defending)

Yeah, thats what pretty much everyone assumes. (including me)

I assumed the Wonder would be removed, but it would also make sense for it to be changed the Holy shrine of the Council of Esus. Its shrine's name hasn't been revealed yet.

There is, of course, a new Svartalfar hero.
Still (if possible, which it probably isn't, without some major changes in the games code, some of which might not be accessible to modders anyway), I think it would be much more interesting if the an Undercouncil member with the Esus state religion could feign another religion/alignment and be a member of the Overcouncil as well.
Might be interesting, though won't be the initial plan.
I just pray there is not a world announcement to say that it was founded (and where) and that the F7 screen does not show you where it was founded.
We're trying to nail down all the places religion is identified, keep an eye out. But remember, just because a religion is founded, doesn't mean that the player is using it. Though of course you all are right that somethings will work better against AI than players...

Oh, and the slavery civic still has some restrictions.

so are the overlords going to get somekind of compensation for losing the slavery civic? you should consider warcraft style death knights for them.

I disagree. Notice that Social Order specifically says it requires Order (I guess the article was dropped from the religion's name)

If that were instead a new tech requirement it would be listed right under Fanaticism. It clearly isn't an alignment or council choice.

I assume that most of the religious civics are still religious civics.

Wow.

Sneak attack and Kael's power looks intensely Awesome.

Is the AI going to be able to use those correctly?

I am mopping up the drool as we speak.

yeah would be nice to see OO get some compensation. At the moment they're definately the weakest religion choice- especially because they raise the AC but do not benefit from it in any way.

Top Bottom