[Design]Slavery Features

That's a pretty decent chance of success, all things considered.

Another question. It was talked bout in the Drow thread that the Drow could capture certain units and make them slave units. Like I think military units would be made into a military unit with a reduced attack power or some disadvantage like that. Likewise, workers and settlers would be made into slave units that are like workers but with a reduction of how fast their build improvements. Are you planning to implement that? Or was that idea scrapped?

Cool. Can't wait to try it. I like the Drow a lot.

Isn't Hazelfire a slavery based civ? Same with Thay? (I noticed playing Neverwinter Nights 2 when it's loading it shows a lore thingy and that said Thay was very slavery based. No idea bout Hazelfire, except that they seem like the type of civ to like slavery.)

Thay in Dragonia is just loosly based on the Forgotten Realms version. Both Thay and Hazelfire would be the type of civs to have slavery, but their version of slavery would just be standard, unlike the Drow who are known to have slave armies. Have you read the backgrounds on the civs in the civilopedia or on the DiabolicStudios web site?

Yes, read both. Cool; that cleared up my questions.

Just re-posting the features for slavery from the public development thread so that it is easier for us to find(with a couple minor changes):
Slavery:
  • If slaves are in a city with a slave pen, there is a chance for a slave revolt. The percentage chance depends on how many slaves are in the city.
  • If a slave unit is sacrificed, the chance for a slave revolt increases. This increased chance decays over time.

Maybe the chance for revolt should take account for the population of the city itself. I mean, a city with three slaves and a pop of 6, should be more at risk for revolt than a city with three slaves and a pop of 15.

New Ideas for Slaves

Ive noticed even using the slave armies in Dragonia II that you still get too many so i think we should have verious ways of desposing of them depending on religon, civ, and etc...

My first thought was if you belong to an evil religion you could make sacrifices to an evil deity. Benifits could be a small culture boost, great person boost, or something along thoes lines.

Also when I was playing as the drow a thought occured to me you need to a drow male to form into one. This wouldnt work for slaves because you need a drow to make a drider and Drow won't be capturing other drow. So it would be a way of disposing obsololete units like drow warriors or if you have too many workers. Im not sure how many males it would take to make one unit i assume that you should have a small number like three units is need to make one drider. So instead of having a Drider made from a city you could have a priestess of Lloth have the ability to transform small units into driders.

My third Idea was of Slave markets where someone could sell their slaves in return for gold or some other form of currency...maybe the Drow could sell slave warriors to other countries. That might present a problem of scarcity though...

If its possible it would be interesting to see all three ideas mixed into the game in some shape or form if i had to favor one it would most likely be sacrifice though!

Hmm...sound really cool. Not sure if they are all implementable. But let's get Darque's opinion on it all.

Top Bottom