Delevent fail.

I usually only use delevent for .sav files but I don't have any problems with it. Even for converted scenarios, using Windows 7 64.

This is a good place to ask. I've only used batch files for a long time to delevent. What does "dropping a .scn or .sav file on delevent" mean and how do you do that?

Catfish, are you around? I thought I read a post in which you suggested that the delevent file was obsolete, but I can't find it. Can you help? Thanks.
Right this very moment? Why, yes. It's 16-bit, so it's no good for 64-bit systems. However, Keu created a 32-bit version that'll work on 64-bit systems. Everybody should be using that version nowadays. You're probably using a really old conversion of Cross and Crescent; try the one from here. It's been updated so that the batch files and delevent are compatible with 64-bit systems.

But I can't get the events to load, despite dropping the scn. file on the Delevent program.
SCN files don't contain embedded events, so that would have no effect regardless. Anyway, running those updated batch files should do the trick without the need for drag-and-drop.

I thought I could ignore this thread, but without the updated DELEVENT file it is impossible to swap event files in a ToT scenario, isn't it?

I thought I could ignore this thread, but without the updated DELEVENT file it is impossible to swap event files in a ToT scenario, isn't it?

YES

committed hero said:
Does running DELEVENT reset any flags?

Unfortunately, YES.

DELEVENT completely deletes ALL events information so that flags cannot be used to pass information from an events file to subsequent events files in a multi-event scen.

AFAIK, the only way to pass information between successive events files is to use whether a civ does or does not have a particlar technology as a flag.

AFAIK, the only way to pass information between successive events files is to use whether a civ does or does not have a particlar technology as a flag.

I can't even get tech-based flags to pass flag info at all in a hot-seat game, although it works for a one-player game.

Top Bottom