ChangeMoves()

bane_

Howardianism High-Priest
[SOLVED; SEE POST #2]
I'm trying to give units adjacent to my Great General an extra movement, but it is not working; via print I know the function is being called and that they can find the adjacent units, but pUnit:ChangeMoves(1) isn't changing the unit's movements for the turn.
I found some threads where a guy wanted to give +1 move for the AI, and there was nothing special in the code, just ChangeMoves() as well, but it worked for him.

I thought about making a dummy Promotion with an extra move and use that instead, removing the promotion after the turn ends, but it is a last resort.

The relevant snippet:
Code:
--pUnit is defined here:
[...]
for pUnit in pPlayer:Units() do
[...]
if pAdjUnit:IsHasPromotion(GameInfoTypes["PROMOTION_HIRUMA_AGILITY"]) and not pUnit:IsHasPromotion(GameInfoTypes["PROMOTION_HIRUMA_AGILITY"]) then
	print("Found adjacent Hiruma Agility.")
	pUnit:ChangeMoves(1)
end
-- Hooked to PlayerDoTurn

The log:
Code:
[14202.658] ShreikanBonus: Looking for adjacent Hiruma Agility.
[14202.658] ShreikanBonus: Found adjacent Hiruma Agility.

EDIT:
Wait... It works, but the moves are still displayed as the unit's maximum in the unit panel.
Can this be fixed?

You have to change moves in increments of 60 I believe to equal one movement point. You can check Tomatekhs Harappa and Kongo mods that have units with similar abilities to grant movement to adjacent units.

Top Bottom