Don't Spit In These Guys' Burgers!

amadeus

Serenity now
http://www.wftv.com/news/3743456/detail.html

AP said:
LAKELAND, Fla. -- Two brothers serving in the military and a third man exploded a small bomb inside a McDonald's because they were angry over a bad milkshake, officials said. No one was hurt and damage to the restaurant was minor.

Pedro Garza, 19; Joshua Hackey, 19; and Nathaniel Hackey, 21; were arrested Saturday on felony charges of making and discharging a destructive device. The older Hackey is in the Army and his brother is in the Coast Guard, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said.

"One of the guys said they got a bad milkshake, and they played a prank on them," sheriff's Maj. Sammy Taylor said.

Investigators say the men mixed toilet bowl cleaner and aluminum foil in a plastic soda bottle as they sat at a table Friday evening near the restaurant's restrooms. They then capped the bottle, put it on the table and left before it exploded at 10:45 p.m. Friday. A customer sitting 10 feet away wasn't hit by the splashing chemicals.

"The toilet bowl cleaner has an acid base," Taylor said. "It can burn your skin and put your eyes out."

The three were identified from a surveillance video, investigators said.

Marla Baine, the Hackeys' older sister, said they did not think about the consequences of their action and now regret them.

"It's a stupid prank, and they weren't thinking," she said. "I've had calls from them already, and they said they wish they could turn back the hands of time."

Baine said her brothers are "two good kids," who had never been in trouble with the law.

"Nathan said he's ready to face what's coming to him," she said. "Maybe they'll be made examples, and people won't do this type of thing."

And I just would have taken it back.

What's also funny is how whenever somebody does something bad, their relatives always spring to say that they were "good kids." :lol:

If they were good, they wouldn't be trying to blow up a McDonald's!

i work at a Mcdonalds, i wish someone would do that at mine, that way i would have to work tomorow or saturday! :D :lol:
which reminds me in the training vidoe the intrustions for dealing with a bomb threat over that telephone are hilarious, evidently your suppose to get a pencil and peice of paper, and ask for a description of them and when the bomb will explode and ask them where it is.... as my manager said, "to hell with that, just run and save your ass!" :crazyeye:

Baine said her brothers are "two good kids," who had never been in trouble with the law.

Two kids that have never been in trouble with the law? Or two kids that haven't gotten caught yet? I dunno...like rm said, good kids don't blow up McDonald's.

Well it was McDonalds, so it wan't all bad

I'm not impressed. This is what happens when you let emotions interfere with thinking.

*preaches from vulcan bible*

I'm pleasantly surprised the authorities haven't hit them with all kinds of terrorist offenses as seems to happen whenever a teenage hacker does pretty much anything illegal.

The Last Conformist said:
AQ wouldn't strike against a company that turns potential US soldiers into spherical blobs of fat.

Not to mention...AQ needs to get its food from someplace as well.

noone was hurt and the damage to the restaurant was minor.

Yea, it is funny that then always someone comes and says they are good guys.

But why do you think they did something really bad, rmsharpe? They will get a punishment as they potentially endangered lives in the worst case.

But still, this was just coarse shenanigans... (is the word right? never heard it before).

They will get "previously convicted" or whatever the correct legal term in the US is.

Top Bottom