Civ3 DemoGame Revival - Creation Day

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Welcome to the Demogame Revival Creation Day Event ~

You can join the Turn Chat for the Event by clicking the chat button in the center of the header bar above. It brings up a screen asking for your user name. Use your Demogame sign-on so we can tell who you are. :) Then click the connect button and it will take you to the #civfanatics chatroom. Once there, type /join #turnchat and hit enter. This will take you to the Turn Chat.

If you are using mIRC, the server you want to connect to is htp://embed.mibbit.com/?server=irc.irc-chat.net&channel=%23civfanatics&noServerNotices=true&noServerMotd=true&forcePrompt=true
(Be sure to put an extra t in the http://)

Below I will be posting screenshots of the creation of our DemoGame. Please do not post in this thread until the end of the Turn Chat. We will need some sort of continuity for all the screenshots.

See you there. :thumbsup:

Actually with mIRC, select an IRC-Chat server when you connect (mine is set to IRC-Chat: Random server so it pics up what is available) and use /join #turnchat when connected. You can add #turnchat to your favourites so you can select it from the favourites menu in future.

The Civ3 Conquests DemoGame Creation Day Event is about to begin.

Attachments

• DemoGame Choose.gif
    DemoGame Choose.gif
    216.8 KB · Views: 169

Attachments

• DemoGame Setup.gif
    DemoGame Setup.gif
    203 KB · Views: 172

Attachments

• Demogame Opening.gif
    Demogame Opening.gif
    48.2 KB · Views: 302

Attachments

• DemoGame Starting Location.gif
    DemoGame Starting Location.gif
    40.5 KB · Views: 167

Attachments

• SL Zoomed.gif
    SL Zoomed.gif
    45.8 KB · Views: 194
  • DemoGame, Mar 15, 4000 BC.SAV
    76.6 KB · Views: 93
  • #turnchatlog.20090315.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 114
So I guess this is where we discuss...

Wow, that's an awesome start! We have

3 bonus grasslands
1 grassland
1 grassland (as far as I see no bonus?) with hut
2 forests (on grassland)
1 mountain

in our immediate eight-square surroundings. We are standing on a bonus grassland adjacent to a river. There is no need to discuss any movement before founding, I think.

We could move the worker up the mountain N of our starting position to see some more before we found. That would entail the loss of one worker's turn. I would advise against it.

Where do we want to start the operation "Hibernia Improvement"? I am a lowly Regent player who has just recently upped the difficulty to Monarch, so please take my ideas with a grain of salt. I would move the worker onto the bonus grassland NW and in the next turn start mining there. There is no real reason why I would begin on that and not on one of the other bonus grasslands W or SW. Well, I think using the bonus grass NW would give us one additional commerce since it is adjacent to the river.

Now I'll have a look in the turnchat :) Ok, I was afraid to find everything I just wrote already there. So let's get the game on, people of Hibernia!

Not a problem at all! I was wondering myself whether this was the right spot, since this thread seemed so pristine and silent and since I was expecting more excitement after Creation.

Of course, your right, heliogabalus. Party on, people. Not many should up for the Turn Chat, but your welcome to post yer thoughts here or in the Creation Day thread (Citizen's sub-forum).

Remember citizens, it is forbidden by Article M of the Hibernia Constitution to play ahead on the save. It is ok to open the save and look around, check the Leader screens and such, but don't make any irreversible moves (basically don't move anything). We are all counting on YOU not to spoil the game for the rest of us.

Top Bottom