Interesting game setups.

JimBobV

Warlord
I've been messing around with the advanced settings for a while, and I've found some pretty fun map setups you can make. Do any of you have a way you like have your games made? Just post below! When I say game setups, I don't mean to list every specific little detail about luxury levels and temperature, Earth age etc. Just some fun or creative ways to play.

One of my many favorites is to play as China or Mongolia, against China or Mongolia. Its surprisingly fun to pit khans against buffed up generals. Just for an added bonus, I make the map set on small islands and the sea levels as high as possible. Sometimes the cities are so close archers from one island can fire upon the others. :lol:

So what are your favorite types?

Inca: Pangea, Hot, normal rainfall, Low sea level, 3 billion years, all else standard. You get some awesome big maps with tons of hills and mountains, and plenty of desert and some scattered forest for chopping. You end up with ideal Inca maps with numerous +5 Terrace Farms, and mostly free roads.

Mongolia: Great Plains, Low sea level, 5 billion years, all else standard. You get nice wide very flat maps. Just sick for Mongolia :)

The setup I usually choose and is also my favorite is all random, standard map and speed. In this setup I usually end up dealing with different civilizations that I don't have to choose but instead are chosen by the random. If I get the same civilization as last time, I make a new all random game.

My current favorite set up is random Map, Marathon Speed, Standard size map, with completely random AI civ.
This set up gives me a lot of options to play for, no matter which Civ I choose to or what Victory Condition I choose to pursue. And it does not totally bog down my computer like the way Large/Huge Maps tend to.

Top Bottom