Captured City Art Mod

I'm really thinking of making the cityart change so that it always keeps the art of the orginal owner. I just think it it kind of weird to suddenly have all art transform into new art. I also want to take out the unit artstyle component.

Any thoughts?

I'm really thinking of making the cityart change so that it always keeps the art of the orginal owner. I just think it it kind of weird to suddenly have all art transform into new art. I also want to take out the unit artstyle component.

Any thoughts?

I really think it's strange never change. I think you should heed the suggestion of Platyping and try to associate this change when loading the game or otherwise more appropriate.

Looking at the original code, I also figured something else out. The mod also manages the city art upon founding. It looks who's culture is highest and then may take on the art of the highest culture. I took that out too for now. Maybe later I'll put it back in with an option to use it.

I just think it it kind of weird to suddenly have all art transform into new art.
Any thoughts?

I really think it's strange never change. I think you should heed the suggestion of Platyping and try to associate this change when loading the game or otherwise more appropriate.

Yeah, I agree with both

As I said, ideally all cities should change to the art of the biggest culture in the city
Probably not right away, but after a couple turns after a second culture type get to be the majority
Anyway, city art shouldn't depend on the owner, but on the one who has the most culture
If it's implemeted this way, no need for any actual checks on city conquest

Now it's an interesting question what might be the best solution to implement checks for this
Maybe on game load, if there is no good way to add some fix checks.

I am better at C++ programming now, so I can prob imprlement some more checks. I like some of my ideas so I'll try and do all the ideas. What I'll do is have all the ideas in the mod and one will be able to turn them all on/off via globaldefines.xml. Including:

1. A Check for every X Number of Turns in GlobalDefines.xml
2. City Founding Check in GlobalDefines.xml
3. On Game Loading Check in GlobalDefines.xml
4. Unit artstyle for highest culture via GlobalDefines.xml
5. Highest Culture City Art or Always Original Owner Art via GlobalDefines.xml
6. Enable change of highest culture City Art on Conquest via GlobalDefines.xml

That's the culture I was also thinking , but I think that in the later Eras Citysets are the same and thus erases the difference anyway

If so there is no checks and thereby there is no worsening in performance, this is will be my favorite way.

But this only works if there are some other kind of checks, for all cities, every couple turns
So actually the stonger, more frequent checks still have to be there
I just said that also checking on city capture is redundant

Not sure what the problem is, but this modcomp is very difficult to tweak/fix. I tried several times and the code baffles me. Unfortunately, the current code is going to have to stay.

There is a possibility I might add a On/Off GameOption though. If somebody else wants to try and change things, let me know. I've done the best I can.

What did you try exactly?
I mean which part didn't work from your planned list a few posts above?

The highest culture option didn't work (5). I know how to make the On/Off switches/Gameoptions.

I tried moving the highest culture option into on city conquest, but that didn't work. Not sure why.

The code from Test of Time & Conquerer's delight is a little different. I couldn't get some of the functions to be compatible. TOT uses eArtPlayer, but CD uses eHighestCulture.

Finally fixed it and Cruel, here are your options as requested:

Version 1.3
-Checkbox Option
-DLL Fix by Isabelxxx
-Better commenting
-GLobalDefines for highest culture or original owner
-Removed UnitArt changes
-C++ fixes from Afforess/Orbis
-Highest Culture C++ Fix for founding cities

Finally fixed it and Cruel, here are your options as requested:

Version 1.3
-Checkbox Option