WW2 Unit Graphics

Great craftsmanship Gareth.
No, Fall Weiss (1939). But you are partly right, the map extends from Berlin to Moscow, to allow for an agressive takeover of the Baltics and a preemtive strike against the Axis by Stalin or an early launch of Barbarossa. Trouble is, using the historical oob the Nazis have such an advantage that they smash the Polish by turn 3 and reach Smolensk by turn 10 or so.

and this neglected minor axis "army"

Attachments

• Tanelorn Bulgarian inf WWii.png
    Tanelorn Bulgarian inf WWii.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 849
Great craftsmanship Gareth.
No, Fall Weiss (1939). But you are partly right, the map extends from Berlin to Moscow, to allow for an agressive takeover of the Baltics and a preemtive strike against the Axis by Stalin or an early launch of Barbarossa. Trouble is, using the historical oob the Nazis have such an advantage that they smash the Polish by turn 3 and reach Smolensk by turn 10 or so.

and this neglected minor axis "army"

That's interesting. I've always wanted to play a scenario based on the 1939 Polish campaign, as one-sided as it was. I'm looking forward to it. If you need a playtester, let me know.

I don't think I agree with you about an easy romp of the Wermacht thru Poland and into the Soviet Union, though. The German army that invaded Poland was quite a bit smaller than the one that launched Barbarossa, and it had taken significant casualties against the Poles. Plus, no logistical preparations had been made, and there was the little problem of the French army in the German rear. It was far too risky, IMHO.

The crucial disparity was in the air, I think. The Poles were fighting back and might have held the fascists back longer, had not the Soviets intervened as well. There are questions about that too though. Thankfully a Civ2 scenario can accomodate "what if" options.

Attachments

• luft vs paf.png
    luft vs paf.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 168
The crucial disparity was in the air, I think. The Poles were fighting back and might have held the fascists back longer, had not the Soviets intervened as well. There are questions about that too though. Thankfully a Civ2 scenario can accomodate "what if" options.

Intriguing! A new project in the offing?

Like I will ever finish anything! Ha! Funny! :D

Attachments

• Tanelorn Curtiss Hawk II.png
    Tanelorn Curtiss Hawk II.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 440
Completed and tweaked Japanese aircraft:

Attachments

• fairline japanese planes 2014 2.png
    fairline japanese planes 2014 2.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 705
These new Japanese Infantry, Tanks, and Planes could also be useful when I get around to finishing EotRS. Thanks also, Fairline and Tanelorn.

I've started to make up some more ToT versions of my units for other games. Here's the first of them: ww2 ships

Attachments

• fairline ww2 ships 2015.png
    fairline ww2 ships 2015.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 617
Top Bottom