Unit Request Thread

Yeah, they are from the Osprey title "Mounted Archers of the Steppe 600BC-AD1300"
Illustrations by Angus McBride of course. Plates D, E and H.
This particular Osprey title is excellent-very scientific and thorough. Completely in contrast with "Dr" Kaveh Farrokh's dellusional and biased "Sassanian Elite Cavalry 224AD-642AD".

Man.
When i saw those units at your first post i thought about the changes needed done. Edit the Avar's helm a bit, change the colour of that Hun and where was that pikeman?
It seems you are in my mind!

Thanks a lot, these will more than do. Of course there will be more demands later-Ever thought of doing a traction trebuchet? Fairline has a stunning counterweight one for his Komnenai or Mongols redux.

Do you do terrain resources too?
Care trying to make a herd of Yaks and a Tarpan(wild horse).
There is already a Yak gfx in the original terrain1.gif of ToT(for the plains terrain, the one designated as Buffalo). There is also a civ3 horse in Catfish terrain files. I'd like either one of them appearing as a herd instead of a single figure.

Also known as the manganon or mangonel.
A fast firing, lighter trebuchet.
I followed your advice and made it out of Gareth's trebuchet.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Manganon or Mangonel.PNG
    Tanelorn Manganon or Mangonel.PNG
    2.4 KB · Views: 378
Or we can just bend the lever a little.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Manganon or Mangonel2.PNG
    Tanelorn Manganon or Mangonel2.PNG
    2.2 KB · Views: 381
And maybe give it a light chassis while i'm at it.
-Edit- Fixed an oversight.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Light Manganon fixed.PNG
    Tanelorn Light Manganon fixed.PNG
    2 KB · Views: 411
Yes chasis thats it. I was actually looking for that word before posting a comment. Then started hearing sports shows on the radio and forgot about it.

Thanks.

Historical info:
The Traction trebuchet was the predecessor to the Counterweight Trebuchet(invented by the Romans in circa 1050 AD). It was not however called a manganon or mangonel. That was the onager-essentially the same as the mangonel. The wikipedia article that you most propably have read is wrong.

Και όμως, είναι ένα κι ένα για το μαγγανοπήγαδο.
Εγώ ξέρω οτι μάγγανο = βαρούλκο, επίσης μου φαίνεται πιο πρακτικό αυτό εδώ στο να ανεβάζει κουβάδες από τον όναγρο, but thats just my impression.
Waterells, buckets, pulleys and words out of use.

Just my vanity peeking out..

A challenge.. And a request...

This is me as an archer auxilla back in 2005. Old image. I was wondering if anyone wanted to make a Roman archer auxilla in my image. At rest. Just because it would be truly nice to have an auxilla unit looking like me, at least for me. :) Note the lone arrow in the quiver.

Pretty please?

There you go, just one arrow in the quiver though, so make your shot count!

Attachments

• Tanelorn Roman Archer Torbk.PNG
    Tanelorn Roman Archer Torbk.PNG
    2.5 KB · Views: 410
Top Bottom