What is a New Dawn 2?

Darknote

Chieftain
I've searched through the threads, but I cannot find out the features of AND2. I get that its in BETA form now, but I would love to be presented with the features it contains (over RoM AND) that it gets the honour of being called AND2.

Thanks!

Check out the Stickied AND SVN Build thread. Each update tells what was added, removed or changed.

JosEPh

When Afforess, the original founder and developer of AND, left the project a couple of years ago, project was stopped for some time and then resumed by less experienced developers like myself. So we started this new project trying to solve some bugs and later introducing new features and we called it AND2 to mark a difference from Afforess original work. Right now, although still a beta, latest revision is better than any previous version. Things have improved quickly in the last months, since Afforess' return. :)

Thats fantastic! But I request a post with all the features and improvements it adds over the basic AND. If you can't or don't want to, then I understand. *Downloads SVN copy*

Thats fantastic! But I request a post with all the features and improvements it adds over the basic AND. If you can't or don't want to, then I understand. *Downloads SVN copy*
Problem is that there's no single post, there's an entire thread and it's where Joseph has pointed you. :)

It would be nice to make such a post for marketing purpose ;)

It would be nice, you are correct bdkblk. I guess they (Joseph + 45°38'N-13°47'E) are just trying to say that the information is there, its just not formatted or presented 'nicely' :)

Labor intensive to create such a list because improvements were evolving at various speeds. So the improvements are multiple but spread over the modpack and time spent on them.

Skimming that thread should give several answers.

I will definitely be in awe if someone does go ahead and detail features or improvements accumulated however ;).

Labor intensive to create such a list because improvements were evolving at various speeds. So the improvements are multiple but spread over the modpack and time spent on them.

Skimming that thread should give several answers.

I will definitely be in awe if someone does go ahead and detail features or improvements accumulated however ;).

I guess there could be a summarized list, of large or major things added/removed. A new civics category for one (The foreign relations policies :) )

I feel that most of the list could be summed up as "Lots and lots and lots of fixes!" though :lol:

It would be nice to make such a post for marketing purpose ;)

I think this mod is more for a few people and themselves. :)
But I also would like that addition, as well as seeing some of the modding "goals" and a rough development progress.

I have to agree the way information about the project is presented here is confusing.

I've been playing since the original Rise of Mankind so I am familiar with it but even I am confused when I come into this forum.

Someone new to it or less experienced technical-wise would have a hard time trying to figure out which is the proper file/version to download or even just to find out basic summarized info on the project.

I have to agree the way information about the project is presented here is confusing.

I've been playing since the original Rise of Mankind so I am familiar with it but even I am confused when I come into this forum.

Someone new to it or less experienced technical-wise would have a hard time trying to figure out which is the proper file/version to download or even just to find out basic summarized info on the project.

I tried to make it simpler a few weeks back. In this forum, there is a thread called "Main Download Information". It has a giant download link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=344525

What exactly do you think we could do to improve the situation?

I have been enjoying this mod series for years but have never bothered to look down the page to find the mod description that has been there all the time. therefore I fully understand why this glorious mod gets overlooked and passed over by players "thinking" this is just another "half finished abandoned mod".
I would like to suggest changing the stickied download thread title to something like "AND mod features and download information" or something that would suggest that a prospective player would recognize as a mod description + download information.
All the information is already there, but not "Advertised".

Top Bottom