Main Download Information

The mod is good. Very good. i'm still finish a game with 1.5beta2 :p
in which there are some small bugs ( can't build observatories e.g.)

Will update once the game is done. But do you have the "change notes" for every new
version ? i'd like to know exactly what is been changed. ( without downloading it first).

The mod is good. Very good. i'm still finish a game with 1.5beta2 :p
in which there are some small bugs ( can't build observatories e.g.)

Will update once the game is done. But do you have the "change notes" for every new
version ? i'd like to know exactly what is been changed. ( without downloading it first).

Don't worry, that Observatory bug got fixed. ;)

Change Notes are in the discussion thread.

Don't worry, that Observatory bug got fixed. ;)

Change Notes are in the discussion thread.

Well those notes are a bit light :)
I was looking all the changes ( e.g. from beta2 to beta3 and so on). I'm used to seeing the changes as zap is showing. I like digging through them.

( mostly as i don't like some thingis i know i can modify later:p)

Generate diff's or smth similar from xml files ?

Well those notes are a bit light :)
I was looking all the changes ( e.g. from beta2 to beta3 and so on). I'm used to seeing the changes as zap is showing. I like digging through them.

( mostly as i don't like some thingis i know i can modify later:p)

Generate diff's or smth similar from xml files ?

If I included every change, it would 10 pages long, and no one would even bother to look at it.

Also, keep in mind this is a 1-man project, I don't have all the time in the world.

That said, you're free to take a stroll in the XML, and Python, and I provide my source code as well...

A New Dawn 1.53 uploaded. No patch, unfortunately, because it is NOT save game compatible, you need to re-download the pack again.

Changes:
  • Fixes Projects
  • Adds Fortifications
  • Changes Fixed Border Icon to TechXLtd's.

A New Dawn 1.53 uploaded. No patch, unfortunately, because it is NOT save game compatible, you need to re-download the pack again.

Changes:
  • Fixes Projects
  • Adds Fortifications
  • Changes Fixed Border Icon to TechXLtd's.
Those of you that downloaded this, please get my fix for the border icon. As Supercheese pointed out to me that the button did not have the transparency around the edges like the normal Civ buttons have.
Afforess, if you choose to, go ahead and add my fix to your patch if it isn't too much trouble. Otherwise they can just get it from my thread.

Those of you that downloaded this, please get my fix for the border icon. As Supercheese pointed out to me that the button did not have the transparency around the edges like the normal Civ buttons have.
Afforess, if you choose to, go ahead and add my fix to your patch if it isn't too much trouble. Otherwise they can just get it from my thread.

I added the alpha channel, which works nearly the same way, I tested it out in game, it works nice, it doesn't look odd.

If I included every change, it would 10 pages long, and no one would even bother to look at it.

Also, keep in mind this is a 1-man project, I don't have all the time in the world.

That said, you're free to take a stroll in the XML, and Python, and I provide my source code as well...

Well yeah, 10 pages is a lot :)

I'd prolly do the diffs myself then. No biggie. The project tho is great. If i'm on the latest patch i'll be sure to report bugs if i see them ( and report fixes if i find them. The onces i have seen have been clear pyhton typos and mistakes).

Keep up the good work :)

I.... Just.... Can't.... Keep.... Up...... with the changes!

Me too :) Every time I start a game, it turns out that the newer version is available :lol:
For me (I admit that I don't have much time for playing) there is a choice - finish a game OR trying to be onboard with updates.

And of course this is not against Zappara or Afforess - I appreciate that they are making RoM better and better.

AFFORESS - you should consider to inform people that 1.53 is not compatible with previous version's saves IN THE FIRST PAGE of this thread. I know that you did so
in the discussion, but I'm not sure all players are "fanatic" ;) enough to dig through discussions. They may just download 1.53 and take initial statement:

Patches:
Patches are always save game compatible, but you must have the main modmod installed first, before installing the patch.

for granted.

Me too :) Every time I start a game, it turns out that the newer version is available :lol:
For me (I admit that I don't have much time for playing) there is a choice - finish a game OR trying to be onboard with updates.

And of course this is not against Zappara or Afforess - I appreciate that they are making RoM better and better.

AFFORESS - you should consider to inform people that 1.53 is not compatible with previous version's saves IN THE FIRST PAGE of this thread. I know that you did so
in the discussion, but I'm not sure all players are "fanatic" ;) enough to dig through discussions. They may just download 1.53 and take initial statement:

for granted.

But 1.53 is not a patch it is an upgrade so it should have been obvious:mischief:. Why is the obvious never obvious unless hindsight is added ;)

Geez! Can't I even get to finish 1 game of 1.52!!?

1.53 already? Slow Down! :p

JosEPh lol

1.52 is a Blue Plate Dinner and needs to be eaten and digested properly. ;)

And those that are already wanting techs/buildings/etc to be rebalanced need to play more games 1st.

It's a Gourmet meal and should be respected as such. Savor each bite and let the delicate flavors of the mod tickle your mind's palate. :D

JosEPh :)

1.52 is a Blue Plate Dinner and needs to be eaten and digested properly. ;)

And those that are already wanting techs/buildings/etc to be rebalanced need to play more games 1st.

It's a Gourmet meal and should be respected as such. Savor each bite and let the delicate flavors of the mod tickle your mind's palate. :D

JosEPh :)
But we don't do that here in America. That's why over 70% of the country is overweight :lol:.
Jokes aside, I think the current game is balanced enough. I would like to see a new addition to the religions though. I normally play without the 'holy wars' module but if it made Christianity a bit more unique like splitting it into Catholism/Orthodox/Protestantism, then I may be more inclined to play with it. I'll have to look around to see if someone made a mod for that.

But 1.53 is not a patch it is an upgrade so it should have been obvious:mischief:. Why is the obvious never obvious unless hindsight is added ;)

Maybe it should, maybe it shouldn't. I don't know. I read the discussion and I know what is going on. But how can a newcomer say if 1.52 is just a patch, and 1.53 is upgrade? Plus, I just wanted Afforess to repeat the message, he posted on fourth page of this thread upfront. If he bothered to tell us about it, it seems, it was not as obvious as you might think.

Top Bottom