AND SVN Build Thread

Revision 845
Launcher updated to v1.0:
- Completely reworked upgrade system. Now based on rsync instead of svn.
- Installation size reduced by two.
- Updater with progress.
- Simplified GUI
- Ability to blacklist files to avoid these to be replaced during update (add your file path to checker/exclusions.custom.xml)
- Tweaked installer to go straight to mod download after decompression
- Fixed blue marble setting
- Fixed a typo in the code (thanks afforess)

Revision 846
- Updated revision code...

Revision 847:
Mod:
TRANSLATIONS: Updated german, french and spanish. Many thanks to the translation team !

Launcher updated to 1.01:
BUGFIX: Fix broken update when the updater is manually closed before to end.
TRANSLATIONS: Updated german, french and spanish
CHANGE: The launcher version is now longer written in the config file

rev848

• Realistic Timescale is now an option under A New Dawn BUG options (default ON)

You can switch it off in A New Dawn tab under BUG options if you want the "old style" tech cost function.

rev850

• Piracy Promotion, new promotion. Requires Mercantilism tech, Navigation III promotion and Despotism OR Monarchy OR Mercantile OR Nationalist; grants Hidden Nationality & Can Attack without declaring war (just like privateers)

Piracy requires one of those civics to be acquired but of course it still works even if you switch out of those civics.

Edit: Vokarya, I've selected Mercantilism tech only because that's where Privateers appear. If you think there's a more appropriate naval tech or another tech missing some trick, feel free to change required tech (by the way this is a pretty strong promotion, although it's limited by its requirements).

Edit2: I have some troubles uploading the code, I'll try again. I get a message of commit failed: "Can't open file '/svn/p/anewdawn/code/db/txn-current-lock': Permission denied" I hope it's just a temporary problem with sourceforge.

Edit3: "The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.
Only a very limited set of project pages are available until the main website returns to service."

Oh well, I'll try later. :(

Solved, revision uploaded.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13585708 said:
rev850

• Piracy Promotion, new promotion. Requires Mercantilism tech, Navigation III promotion and Despotism OR Monarchy OR Mercantile OR Nationalist; grants Hidden Nationality & Can Attack without declaring war (just like privateers)

Piracy requires one of those civics to be acquired but of course it still works even if you switch out of those civics.

Edit: Vokarya, I've selected Mercantilism tech only because that's where Privateers appear. If you think there's a more appropriate naval tech or another tech missing some trick, feel free to change required tech (by the way this is a pretty strong promotion, although it's limited by its requirements).

Edit2: I have some troubles uploading the code, I'll try again. I get a message of commit failed: "Can't open file '/svn/p/anewdawn/code/db/txn-current-lock': Permission denied" I hope it's just a temporary problem with sourceforge.

Edit3: "The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.
Only a very limited set of project pages are available until the main website returns to service."

Oh well, I'll try later. :(

Solved, revision uploaded.

How many changes did you make to my FPK file? I want to make sure that I don't undo anything you did.

How many changes did you make to my FPK file? I want to make sure that I don't undo anything you did.
One single change, I added that piracy1.dds, nothing else. I know it was your file, I added that icon there only for consistency because I used Sea Control as a template for my changes.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13586521 said:
One single change, I added that piracy1.dds, nothing else. I know it was your file, I added that icon there only for consistency because I used Sea Control as a template for my changes.

When I unpacked the FPK and compared it to my pre-packed files (I keep a separate folder for packing purposes), it looks to me like you also accidentally got rid of a couple of unnecessary Thumbs.db files. Those aren't ever used in-game, and they've probably been sitting there hidden since I copied those folders. I've got the Piracy icon copied, so it will be fine from here on out.

When I unpacked the FPK and compared it to my pre-packed files (I keep a separate folder for packing purposes), it looks to me like you also accidentally got rid of a couple of unnecessary Thumbs.db files. Those aren't ever used in-game, and they've probably been sitting there hidden since I copied those folders. I've got the Piracy icon copied, so it will be fine from here on out.
Uh, I didn't touch anything else beside the piracy icon, so that's probably something done automatically when unpacking and repacking the file. By the way, please check the other thread about piracy promotion and let me know what you think of proposed requirements changes. :)

rev851

• Added an option to temporarily turn off Afforess Resync Code while there are still issues (default OFF)
  • Removed Nuclear Ships from Piracy Promotion, also added Submarines to Piracy Promotion
  • Changed Piracy prereq to Navigation 2+Coastal Attack and moved it back to Seafaring

rev853

• Fixed units ZoC (zone of control promotion, effect wasn't being stored when loading/saving)

As I've said in another post, unfortunately, I'm not able to make it work backward; so every unit already upgraded with Sea Control promotion won't probably work in any already started game with any revision before rev852. Any unit that you'll upgrade to SeaControl, either in a newly started game or in an updated game, from now on, will work as intended. There's just another glitch: if 2 units with SeaControl are one next the other, you won't be able to attack either of them. Of course the same applies both to AI and human players. I'm not sure if this is good because it can be abused, but it can be used by both human and AI players so that makes it at least fair. And of course once you reach flight, airplanes aren't limited by ZoC so you can sink ships with airplanes if necessary. I've not been able to change that glitch, so for now it will stay as it is.

The latest SVN version, isn't very stable.

I'm suffering random crashes to the desktop every couple of turns.

Also its not backwards compatible, as I can't load a saved game with an earlier SVN version, that I know was stable.

Attached are the dump files, the other txt files didn't show anything peculiar.

*Edit* wont' let me upload file, say's security token is missing, will try again later, both 853 dump files and the attempted loading of 849

*Edit 2* Doh!!! txt file was too big in size, that's why error, so I've zipped them up, all good :blush:

rev854

• Fixed ZoC problem when 2 units with Sea Control promotion were adjacent one to the other making them invulnerable. Sea Control promoted ships, Piracy promoted ships and Privateers are now unaffected by ZoC. Also Sea Control promotion now requires Combat I and Navigation I (was Combat I only until now)

I know 45 Deg said, you couldn't load an earlier version, I realize that now.

854, still suffers from the crashing, I've had to load an earlier save, one I didn't overwrite with 853 :blush: playing that now... don't know, might be the Zone of control.

rev855

• Private maps should be visible again
  • Units loaded onto transports can be selected in groups (thanks TB from C2C)

I've done some quick test with the group selection of units loaded onto transports and it looks like it's working. Let me know if you notice any strange behaviour. Thanks.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13599277 said:
rev855

• Private maps should be visible again
    [*]Units loaded onto transports can be selected in groups (thanks TB from C2C)

I've done some quick test with the group selection of units loaded onto transports and it looks like it's working. Let me know if you notice any strange behaviour. Thanks.

:clap::clap::run:

Revision 856

• Tweak AI to be more lenient in some diplomacy trades when you lack their religion
  • Improve Zone of Control so when multiple units with ZoC adjacent to each other exist, you can still engage one
  • Rewrite Piracy promotion a bit so it does not use hardcoded promotion name, but piracy xml tag

Note to 45*: I removed the CvUnit (and elsewhere) checks for isHasPromotion for piracy and check isPirate() instead (which checks the existence of the XML tag, bIsPirate). In my limited testing, this seemed to work, but it is entirely possible I missed something or broken subtle behavior elsewhere. Let me know if this is the case.

Revision 857
  • Updated to the latest translations from Transifex. Thanks to all the translators !
  • Fix non-conformal tag closing in MISC.xml
  • Launcher updated to 1.02:
    -> Possibility to use the default color. Thank-you to Rezca for report.
    -> GUI to exclude files from (in the option window). This allow to avoid your modded files to be overwritten during update.
    -> Drop support for Sinhala (unmaintened and less than 1% translated). This language was non-supported by the game.
    -> Add a function to reset the mod in the default state.
  • Installer (non included):
    -> Force installer to make a folder named "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" and to decompress into "Mods/" folder.

Note to Afforess or 45: Could you give me the write access to upload files on sourceforge ? I would like to publish the installer directly here as Github don't want me to release executables anymore.

Top Bottom