Vokarya's Workshop: Wonders

An idea for national wonder to the late Modern or early Transhuman era:

Future Research Institute
+50% research
+1 Free tech (so every civ has a chance for a free tech)

It is not a fiction:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futures_studies

Yes. Why?

A national wonder that grants a free tech? I'm not really sure that's such a great idea personally, especially since National Wonders can be built multiple times if that city gets captured or rebels. And then you get another free tech for rebuilding it later I'm assuming. Can exploit it to quickly finish off the last of the tech tree and rack up the Future Tech+'s

If it were a World Wonder maybe, but I don't like the idea of a National Wonder with a +Free Tech. If it can't be exploited as I pointed out above (Build NW, get free tech - disband/raze city, build it again and get another free tech, rinse and repeat) then maybe... But I still don't really like the idea overall.

A national wonder that grants a free tech? I'm not really sure that's such a great idea personally, especially since National Wonders can be built multiple times if that city gets captured or rebels. And then you get another free tech for rebuilding it later I'm assuming. Can exploit it to quickly finish off the last of the tech tree and rack up the Future Tech+'s

Oooops! You are right. I didn't think of that :blush:

If it were a World Wonder maybe, but I don't like the idea of a National Wonder with a +Free Tech. If it can't be exploited as I pointed out above (Build NW, get free tech - disband/raze city, build it again and get another free tech, rinse and repeat) then maybe... But I still don't really like the idea overall.

It shouldn't be a World Wonder, since we already have the Oracle for that.

Maybe this would be a sollution:
-it is not a NW, but requires 10 ResearchLabs/F.R.I. (similar to cathedrals)
-when a civ builds its 1st F.R.I. an event is lunched and gets a free tech, but any further F.R.I. gives only the +50% :science: and some +:gp:

The reason why I would like to build it multiple times is that there a many ****ries running one or more of it today, and I would like to give every civ a chance for a free tech.

What do you say?

Oooops! You are right. I didn't think of that :blush:

It shouldn't be a World Wonder, since we already have the Oracle for that.

Maybe this would be a sollution:
-it is not a NW, but requires 10 ResearchLabs/F.R.I. (similar to cathedrals)
-when a civ builds its 1st F.R.I. an event is lunched and gets a free tech, but any further F.R.I. gives only the +50% :science: and some +:gp:

The reason why I would like to build it multiple times is that there a many ****ries running one or more of it today, and I would like to give every civ a chance for a free tech.

What do you say?

You just re-invented the Computer Center. I think we only need one National Wonder of that type.

View attachment 369924

Does the 'Free Technology' thing activate each time you build it, or does it fire only the first time you build it? I've never tested this before, so I'm curious :)

I've never tested it either. Usually by that point I'm in absolute control, so it's just a free tech and I don't worry about it, although I often get it confused with Technological Capital (which doesn't give a free tech, but does give a Golden Age).

You just re-invented the Computer Center. I think we only need one National Wonder of that type.

View attachment 369924

Im afraid that this can be abused (human player) just the way brought up earlier in thread.. Is it possible to make it team project or is there other way to prevent more than one free tech..?

Im afraid that this can be abused (human player) just the way brought up earlier in thread.. Is it possible to make it team project or is there other way to prevent more than one free tech..?

Or remove the Free Technology bit and replace it with something else, like a free AI promotion to warmechs built in that city (Exact promotion I don't know. I'm not familiar with the promotions warmechs and nanites get :lol: )

But the building also gives +5 exp to certain mechs, so...

Does the 'Free Technology' thing activate each time you build it, or does it fire only the first time you build it? I've never tested this before, so I'm curious :)

Everytime

View attachment 369924

But... but... but... It is different! It... it... It's name is different!

Okay, okay. Now I see it wasn't such a great idea afterall :lol:

About cheating with multiplying it I wouldn't care a bit, for two reasons:

1) To build it quikly enough you need an advanced city, which I would not sell away. And as I know Wonders can not be sold like other buildings (am I right?)

2) If somone wants to cheat, he will. Afterall you always have the Worldbuilder...
AFAIK AND is not an MMO (yet :) ) so it's not a big issue anyway.

IMHO

1) You can rush wonders with Gold in 1 turn
2) WB cannot cheat in MP. This kind of wonders can.

1) You can rush wonders with Gold in 1 turn
2) WB cannot cheat in MP. This kind of wonders can.

Okay, you are all right.
So if you can solve it, I am happy.
If not, I am still happy :lol:

Okay, you are all right.
So if you can solve it, I am happy.
If not, I am still happy :lol:

I continue little.. :)

If code is not changed (I dont know) you can demolish national wonder with that ctrl+a or something..

I think it should be this way because for some national wonders (short of special buildings) it sounds only realistic to rebuild/replace them to a another city at some point of game.

Getting free tech every time means that hammer cost should be comparably to tech cost in era.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13057231 said:
National Wonders can't be sold with Ctrl+A :)

Whys that:(? I taught affores change it so you can demolish but not get any money for them. I know that AI dont know how to use it but still it was nice feature:)

Whys that:(? I taught affores change it so you can demolish but not get any money for them. I know that AI dont know how to use it but still it was nice feature:)

I don't remember that feature by Afforess, and I don't know if or when it's been changed but I don't see why you should sell a NW.

Because if NW gives one time benefits like free tech or golden age, it is exploitable...

Just rush it, and sell it off and repeat.

Because if NW gives one time benefits like free tech or golden age, it is exploitable...

Just rush it, and sell it off and repeat.

Sure, and I think that's why it's not permitted. I meant I don't see a reason besides cheating.:)

Top Bottom