suicide promotions, option to restrict or allow.

darkedone02

The Suggestor
There is one thing that I dislike during medieval and renaissance is researching holy war and end up getting that trait/promotion that allow my units to suicide to boost :strength: or whatever it does. The reason why I dislike it is because if I accidentally added a heavily promoted unit, I end up losing it on the next battle because of the promotion, I disliked that very much and wish for an option in the future that can restricted the suicide/sacrificial promotions so I no longer have my auto promotion picked that terrible promotion or I end up picking that by accidentally manually picking it.

The issue with them is the AI aren't smart enough to use them properly. They stick them on great general led units and get them killed almost instantly by not moving them with defensive units. Either the AI need to not be allowed to use them or they should be removed.

Checking the AI code, it looks like the AI *likes* a promotion that has a nonzero Kamikaze Percent in the XML. That seems backwards, I am reversing this and sticking a heavy negative weight on kamikaze promotions (an extra negative weight if the unit happens to be a leader, for good measure). Hopefully this should correct the AI problems w/o needing to change content.

Checking the AI code, it looks like the AI *likes* a promotion that has a nonzero Kamikaze Percent in the XML. That seems backwards, I am reversing this and sticking a heavy negative weight on kamikaze promotions (an extra negative weight if the unit happens to be a leader, for good measure). Hopefully this should correct the AI problems w/o needing to change content.

woot.

Why not move this promotion to the start of the promotions tree, after combat 1 or 2 say.

That way it has a use, throw away unit, but you won't throw away that 50+ Experience unit, that you need to reach it as of now in the promotions tree.

Many times I've nearly hit it, when I was going for the 15%+ that comes right before it, too similar, too late in promotions tree, and NEVER going to be used on a heavily promoted unit at that stage.

Solution - As I've already said, move to after combat 1 or 2, seem fair and equitable. Then it'll be used and of use.

Why not move this promotion to the start of the promotions tree, after combat 1 or 2 say.

That way it has a use, throw away unit, but you won't throw away that 50+ Experience unit, that you need to reach it as of now in the promotions tree.

Many times I've nearly hit it, when I was going for the 15%+ that comes right before it, too similar, too late in promotions tree, and NEVER going to be used on a heavily promoted unit at that stage.

Solution - As I've already said, move to after combat 1 or 2, seem fair and equitable. Then it'll be used and of use.

Should it have any prerequisite at all?
After all newbies are the ones to be sacrificed. We should be able to train kamikaze units in any city.

Should it have any prerequisite at all?
After all newbies are the ones to be sacrificed. We should be able to train kamikaze units in any city.

I wish that we are unable to have kamikaze if our soldiers or their solders are heavily promoted up to at least 15 promotions... or maybe 10 promotions. if you have 15+ then you cannot get the promotion.

I think it just better to have it as a game option so I don't have to worry about it, and really it's not that useful at all imo.

Top Bottom