• All Of The Above

Votes: 63 18.0%
  • Other (Name it and Describe it)

Votes: 42 12.0%
  • None Of The Above

Votes: 12 3.4%

• Total voters
Not enough vespene gas.

I think one problem is that the AI doesn't use squadrons or missles enough.
One thing is, that if their ships appear close to one of your star systems you still got 2-3 turns at least to prepare for this attack. You can just collect every squadron and missile you can find in your empire, station them in the threated system in a single turn and just bash away at the attackers. Defense was really easy for me that way.
On the other hand, if I attacked their systems and for example used cruisers loaded with missles I didn't have much problems with the opposing defense because they hadn't anything to counter it. The same goes pretty much for the use of squadrons with their supprinsingly large action radius (especially compared to the slow movement rates of the bigger ships) and their decent effectiveness.

Another problem for me is too much micromanaging. I really like how the systems are developed, and switching through their planets to enhance them doesn't disturb me at all.
Just that there are too many little things happening every turn once the game gets really going. Each turn some star bases (or how they are called in the english version) would dish out a new missile. You then need to restation that missile and/or set it asleep, then bring the base to defense mode again. Just as an example. There are many of those little things that make this mod much more tedious to play compared to the original civ.

Biggest problem? Credits! How the heck do you stay afloat without stretching to unrealistic number of turns for tech tree. Have built a banking system and stardock on EVERY planet in every star system and am still at 10 % Science. Is money still generated by the warp/jump lanes? Doesn't seem to matter what I do. Are all my missles costing me? Etc.......

As for other FF+ playability issues, the Space Pirates are a pain to run sorties on every turn just to spot them. But to turn them off completely takes a lot away. How about an option in the Custom Game section to play a game with no space haze? Or star systems could have one extra square of visibility.

And speaking of one extra square, how about starting out with Movement points of 2 + 3, instead of 1 + 2. Scouts should be able to move more than one square, for sure.

I'd like to see the playability of this game better as I really like the concept. Keep workin', fellas.

One day, can more grids be stacked for the ultimate 3D Civ game? :borg:

Biggest problem? Credits! How the heck do you stay afloat without stretching to unrealistic number of turns for tech tree. Have built a banking system and stardock on EVERY planet in every star system and am still at 10 % Science. Is money still generated by the warp/jump lanes? Doesn't seem to matter what I do. Are all my missles costing me? Etc.......

As for other FF+ playability issues, the Space Pirates are a pain to run sorties on every turn just to spot them. But to turn them off completely takes a lot away. How about an option in the Custom Game section to play a game with no space haze? Or star systems could have one extra square of visibility.

And speaking of one extra square, how about starting out with Movement points of 2 + 3, instead of 1 + 2. Scouts should be able to move more than one square, for sure.

I'd like to see the playability of this game better as I really like the concept. Keep workin', fellas.

One day, can more grids be stacked for the ultimate 3D Civ game? :borg:

Jon Shafer is the one who made the mod. He is no longer part of Firaxis and founded Conifer Games. Although I have seen him roaming around occasionnally and even very recently, he's retired from this mod and is a lurker.

Civ5 is badly received and he's the lead designer. Well, you suppose FF may be like that because he's the designer of that mod. Yes, myself, I find the playability half-baked, but that's that. As regards FF+, for suggestions, that is not really the right place to do it. I think.

The idea of stacked grids was mentioned by one before and again, I will say, people should stop demanding without knowing the work needed to implement such thing.
Some guy tried, for instance, to implement hexes into Civ4 and it was a failure.
You can't do whatever one wants as the game as a basis structure around which some stuff are moddables. For example, some modders are annoyed that giant maps with huge number of players will get fast the MAF (crashes) fast and to circumvent, it needs tricks as the build of the game is a 32 bits, meaning even getting huge badass computers won't make the problem disappear.

The game was made moddable, but some in-game builds cannot be changed and what you asked seem a core change, thus un-changeable.

They could have added aliens, more factions, longer tech tree and I kind of want to know what happend to Earth.

Top Bottom