Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Next War

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Votes: 17 4.4%
  • The Road to War

Votes: 26 6.7%

• Total voters
Afterworld was basically an attempt to show us how moddable Civ4 is. It is a Firaxis show-piece which ironically only proves that you need professional programmers and artists (and tens of thousands of dollars) to get anything like that level of customization in the first place. Why a gaming company goes to such pains to show how moddable its product is, is beyond me quite frankly.

The tens of thousands of dollars wasted on that naff scenario could have been poured into things like professional leaderheads for the RTW scenario so that we don't have half a dozen Napoleons with different coloured moustaches. :D (Sorry Dale - RTW is my favourite mod but some of the leaderheads aren't that great!)

What is with Charlemagne? It's basically an average game of civ but with a few unique medieval unit graphics. What is there to that, really?

Final Frontier is naff ... extremely underwhelming.

I found Defense to be monotonous. And on top of that, it wouldn't let me buy more than three cities for some reason. I had enough money, chose to plop down a city, and it wouldn't let me.

Afterworld at least has a little more strategy to it, even if it's far from the style of Civ.

Defense. Afterworld is a bad scenario as well, but at least they put some effort into that one

Defense and Next War can be so boring... total slog fests... do you have any idea how often The Lady and His Excellency have taken Jerusalem????

I can't say I liked many of the scenarios.
I think Afterworld is not worth playing. It looks ugly to me, the intro movie didn't click and I was too bored to even finish the first mission. The camera angle probably killed that for me.
The one I was most disappointed with was Rhye's, which I find unplayable with several civs, which gives historical objectives that are very subjective, and generally feels like it's punishing you if you don't play it the way it's intended to: It looks like you're free to go one way, but then you'll be severly punished for not playing the way you should. Bad.

I picked defense. It was interesting when I first played it, and I think it improved my city defense skills.
I guess for people like myself that's good, but the problem is, it's extremely boring the third time I played it. for me it went like this:
game 1:
lose horribly, but figure out some important things. i.e. buy technology asap, becuse if you buy it later, you can't but any units.
game 2:
quite good. apply what I learned before. place cities on hills with hill defenders.
game 3:
play exactly the same as game 2. the "enemy" will attack following the exact same path.

I still haven't played afterworld rtw or ffh, and have just started crossroads.
as of right now my favorites are broken star and charlemagne. with rfc close behind. rtw will probably be the next one I try. since I didn't like ffh2, I don't think I'll bother with ffh

Afterworld sucks. I try and play the game, but because they position the storyline below my eyesight, when I move around, I see dialogue move and I forget that the story moved and I dunno what's going on and I quit the game in annoyance...

Afterworld is teh worst! Same with Final Forntier. I hate the micromanagement of each planet. But Afterworld= teh worst

Afterworld.
I don't like the zoom, too close,
I don't like not to understand what the promotions are doing.
I do not like to play blind, and building nothing consistent/coherent.
I prefer to wait for Blizzard and S2...

Otherwise, other scenarios have their fun, especially on huge maps!!

I think all the mods are fun to play at the beginning, but get old quickly. I haven't played all of them yet though, but that was my experience with Afterworld, Final Frotier and Defense.

If I could, I'd change my vote to Next War. Messed up techs, messed up interface stuff, messed up cities and music, messed up Great Wall, messed up everything! (Scotland Yard being a National Wonder now!? NO!)

i like them all

wow .
some critics in the audience .
I vote for this thread as the worst case scenario .

Ha

Top Bottom