Twillight of Byzantium

Rambuchan said:
Looks like you need a link from TF. I wish I could be certain and give you definitive advice, I'm not, but I think that's what needs to happen. Maybe someone more certain can help out?
Ok I pm'ed TF.

Thunderfall is amazing. He does it everytime and none of this would be possible without him. :hatsoff:

I've DLed. The files are on the way but I've got the biq open now. This looks like one intense and delicious scenario. I hope I can find time to play some and report back. Good job!

The ports don't seem to work right. I started a new game as Genoa, and my reasources in port cities aren't connected.
Edit: Nevermind, for some reason they started working again when I reloaded the game.

Little Corporal said:
The ports don't seem to work right. I started a new game as Genoa, and my reasources in port cities aren't connected.
Edit: Nevermind, for some reason they started working again when I reloaded the game.

This is normally a known bug in scenarios. You often have to move, capture a city with a resource or wait for the second turn for all your trade network to be connected. But this is related to Civ3, nothing Yoda can do about it.

alex9988 said:
I think you accidentally placed Philadelphia on the map. Unless Ive made a mistake. (By Smyrna and Aydin)

Philadelphia is a actually a Greek name. It means "who loves his brothers". Many "Americans" used names related to Rome and/or Greece because they considered them a model and classics were big back then.
Cincinati is actually coming from the Cincinatus, the Roman who defended Rome then went back to tend to his garden. There are many more examples. And some names are even French originately (Détroit, Saint Louis,....).

The Last Conformist said:
I know the name-bug is fixable. Unfortunately, I don't recall the solution offhand ...

Man, you guys are veteran modders ! ;)

Just leave the names empty in the editor, Scenario Properties/Players.

LouLong said:
Philadelphia is a actually a Greek name. It means "who loves his brothers". Many "Americans" used names related to Rome and/or Greece because they considered them a model and classics were big back then.
Cincinati is actually coming from the Cincinatus, the Roman who defended Rome then went back to tend to his garden. There are many more examples. And some names are even French originately (Détroit, Saint Louis,....).
While this is true, I doubt Philadelphia is an example of it - the city was founded back in the 17th century, whereas the more extreme classicism dates from the Revolutionary period. It probably got the name because the Anatolian Philadelphia is mentioned in the Bible as a city Paul visited.

LouLong said:
Man, you guys are veteran modders ! ;)

Just leave the names empty in the editor, Scenario Properties/Players.
It's that easy? Why didn't you say before:p

I actually did a few times to other people. Even wonder whether it is not you who explained it to me the first time. Could be wrong though ???

I did? Well I tend to forget. It's a long time since I last modded a scenario (have been working on personel mod, and testing civ4 before that).

I haven't had a chance to play this, owing to real life pressures, but I did look around a bit. It looks pretty damn cool.

There's some nice artwork in here that I haven't seen before but why didn't you include a credits file? (Did I miss it?) For example, who made the Genoese leaderhead? That's an ace face. There are some other very cool bits of artwork here and it looks like you've got it to hang together and compliment itself well. I hope to get stuck in sooner or later to get a handle of the game play.

hi
nice scenario!! :goodjob: tried florence twice (demigod) but got attacked (and beaten) by everybody.
nice!! :) will try again soon. but no more building wonders from start.
first need is soldiers.

Man, its hard starting as the Byzantines
my second trie now, and i still die.
blody Ottomans

Ram - Well I did make a credit list in the OP. I guess I should make a detailed list for the next patch. I'll see what I can do. BTW Embryodead made the Genoese head. He made lots of heads, just make a search on him in the graphics forum.

Em - Well I haven't played the mod on such a high level, but I guess the smaller civs have to be extra carefull, you are almost certain to get into a war in every game.

Loser - You'll get there;)

Have you played them? Because in my own games I was able to win with them. Sure they are harder to play than the other civs, but there's got to be some challenge, afterall they were in a pretty desperate situation.

Top Bottom