Midgard mod polished... and expanded perhaps?

Yorgos

imagine...
I consider the idea of using an installer builder to polish up my old mod Midgard in a nice self-extracting archive. In this case I'll probably include a few minor changes, like a couple of new maps and a few new unit animations. But I can take advantage of it to expand it as well. Do you have any ideas? Something you'd like to see? Note that I can't add any new civilisations based on native terrain (we've run out of terrain types...), though I can try something bizarre, like a civilisation whose most units will be invisible. Also I'm not sure I'll actually do this task, it's likely I won't find the time. But if you have some good ideas, it's more likely I'll do it than not.

In case you don't know or don't remember about this mod, here are the links to Midgard:
Preview thread
Main download thread

I haven't gotten around to downloading it yet, but I plan to do it this week. ;)

(I LOVED the Civ II version BTW :))

Not much interest? Anyway, I've made up my mind. I'm working on a minor update which will include the following changes/additions:

- A smaller map version (for slow machines) and a random map version.
- Seven new units, specifically:
Suicide Hammer Thrower (Goblins - by Aaglo)
Doom Diver (Goblins, replaces stone thrower - by Aaglo)
Doomwheel (Goblins, replaces siege engine - by Aaglo)
Skull Chucker (Stygians, replaces stone thrower - by Aaglo)
Screaming Skull (Stygians, replaces siege engine - by Aaglo)
Voodoo Doll (Barbarians - by Plotinus)
Ghost Ship (Barbarians - by Orthanc)
- Voodoo dolls and ghost ships as barbarians, instead of skeletons, skeleton riders and krakens. These barbarian units will turn defeated units to new voodoo dolls or ghost ships (I love these units, I'm glad I found a way to use them!)
- New leaderhead for the elves (Carlotina by Grandraem)
- New art for the elementalist unit (oriental enchanter by Plotinus)
- New art for the troll (troll by Bjornlo)
- The ambience sounds (it's no longer an optional feature, and will play only with Midgard)
- Finally the entire mod will be merged in a self-extracting archive, which will be smaller and easier to download.

It will probably come really soon, within a week at worst.

Top Bottom