Futuristic Technologies

Strider

In Retrospect
Last night I was playing a Diety game and the AI through some amazing cheating talent mangaged to boost both them and me up into the Modern Age's by 10 BC. I had an amazing point lead and sense it was only 10 BC I was thinking I could get my score boosted hugely by waiting intill 2050 AD. Which lead me to thinking about exactly how much futuristic technologies boost your score. If it's only alittle bit I'm not going to bother with it and go for something else instead, but if they do a good amount.... exactly how much will they boost your score?

I forget the actual ratio, but it's really worthless. Scorewise, you're much better off abandoning research and adjusting your luxury slider to produce smiley faces...

I'm not sure about this, but I think a diplomatic victory in very early AD’s could give you a high score in the tens of thousands. I could very well be wrong (never seen this before) but my general feeling from reading deity succession games is that very early wins are better than milked late victories.

In any case, congratulations for such a fantastic tech pace. Its hard even believe it without seeing it. The earliest diplomatic win I know of is 750 AD, and that was pre 1.29 deity. Even if your rep is horrible I think you can sneak in a diplomatic win through a bunch of MPP's.

Also, are you using accelerated production or 32 civs? Or standard rules?

Originally posted by Mopheo
I'm not sure about this, but I think a diplomatic victory in very early AD’s could give you a high score in the tens of thousands. I could very well be wrong (never seen this before) but my general feeling from reading deity succession games is that very early wins are better than milked late victories.

In any case, congratulations for such a fantastic tech pace. Its hard even believe it without seeing it. The earliest diplomatic win I know of is 750 AD, and that was pre 1.29 deity. Even if your rep is horrible I think you can sneak in a diplomatic win through a bunch of MPP's.

Also, are you using accelerated production or 32 civs? Or standard rules?

Accelerated production... That's about it..

Also I'm pretty confident that I can get a dilpomatic win.... even though everyone hates me. The entire world has been at war for a good thousand years and EVERYONE has been at war with someone else atleast for alittle while (even me). I just recently made peace with everyone and pretty much everyone is cautious/annoyed at me with one polite person.

Edit: Everyone is still at war... Each turn I have to watch 5-6 pop-ups telling me that these people made a military alliance agaisnt this person and that these to have signed peace etc.

Top Bottom