Better BUG AI

Big update this time, 10 big revisions of Better AI, including a new victory system (which means downgrading from this version to an earlier one will break savegames, upgrading however shouldn't), including a new xml schema file for leader's initial strategy odds - which means if you try to add leaders to this mod you need to add 5 new xml values for each leader or loading will fail.

Unrelated to that I tried to make the AI build a bit more workers early on, though I might have gone too far in the versions I uploaded yesterday, so if you got a 2010-03-28 one, go update to -29.

Just installed Better Bug AI - no problems, couldn't be easier and now there is no need to select a mod before playing. Just what I wanted. Thanks Fuyu

I tried installing the mod and have a problem with bug settings not found spamming the in game event log. I use the steam version of the game with windows 7 and my friends have installed it fine. However for me the mod isn't working and even a full uninstall and reinstall of BTS hasn't fixed the problem. Any idea what I need to change or do to get this mod working?

If I move UserSettings to My Games, they aren't even found here on my XP comp, no wonder it wouldn't work on win7 either. I'll investigate, and hope I can fix that.

In the meantime move that whole UserSettings folder to where it belongs, to Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Better BUG AI\ - and start Civ4 as admin. I think that works at least.
UserSettings are only in My Games for win6.x because write access is required. Too bad that doesn't work as I thought it would.

That should not be the case. If BUG is not properly finding the UserSettings folder along the MyGames path you need to report this to the BUG mod team. Also this doesn't seem right, I have recieved 0 reports of LoR failing to locate the UserSettings folder, despite the fact it's been putting it there since version 0.9.7 (that adds up to over 7K downloads). Further RevDCM itself uses this method to place the UserSettings folder, and again no bug reports. Can you compare your install script with RevDCM's and see if there are any relevant differences?

Looking at the SVN this is your problem, in CvModName.py you have this:
Code:
#CvModName.py

modName = "[B]BUG Mod[/B]"
displayName = "BUG Mod"
modVersion = "4.3 [Build 2200]"

It needs to be the name of your mod folder for BUG to properly locate the UserSettings folder when in the MyDocuments path.

Whenever I queue a unit for production in the "What would you like to build in this city?" popup, it automatically sets it to produce that unit on an infinite queue. I do not want it to do this; I just want the default behavior, which only sets an infinite production queue if you hold <Alt> while selecting the unit to produce.

I noticed that there is an option in BUG to toggle this behavior, but the option is unchecked in my BUG configuration. I've toggling it on and off again, with no change. How can I disable this?

If this is just a BUG issue and not specifically related to this mod, let me know and I'll ask elsewhere. Thanks!

BUG Options - City Screen: Train Military Units Forever <- is off by default now because I know how annoying this is.
But sorry, I can't reproduce your problem, with the option being off this functionality really is disabled for me.

I was using stand-alone BUG 4.2 and it had a feature that allowed me to alter the way the unit list is displayed (horizontal or vertical, with various filter selections, etc.). Now with Better BUG AI, that is not present. I looked in the BUG options but don't see anything for this. How do I enable it?

Got it - my problem was having the draw method set on vanilla. Seems strange that with PLE enabled there should be a mode where it isn't displayed but unless I put it in PLE mode (not BUG or vanilla), no workee. Thanks.

hi fuyu,

i have tried to compile an dll with a few additions to your mod, but the compile failed, so i tried to compile just your latest sdk source that i got from the svn, and the compile fails, so i think either something is missing in the source or somthing like that...

im using vc ++ 2003 to compile, and i have some compiling exp in civ4.

here is the errir i get - seems to be something with logbbai:
Spoiler :
vUnit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl logBBAI(char *,...)" (?logBBAI@@YAXPADZZ)
CvUnitAI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl logBBAI(char *,...)" (?logBBAI@@YAXPADZZ)
CvPlayer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl logBBAI(char *,...)" (?logBBAI@@YAXPADZZ)
CvPlayerAI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl logBBAI(char *,...)" (?logBBAI@@YAXPADZZ)
CvTeam.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl logBBAI(char *,...)" (?logBBAI@@YAXPADZZ)
CvTeamAI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl logBBAI(char *,...)" (?logBBAI@@YAXPADZZ)
CvCity.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl logBBAI(char *,...)" (?logBBAI@@YAXPADZZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall CvCity::hurry(enum HurryTypes)" (?hurry@CvCity@@QAEXW4HurryTypes@@@Z)
CvCityAI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl logBBAI(char *,...)" (?logBBAI@@YAXPADZZ)
CvDeal.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl logBBAI(char *,...)" (?logBBAI@@YAXPADZZ)
CvGame.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl logBBAI(char *,...)" (?logBBAI@@YAXPADZZ)
Final_Release/CvGameCoreDLL.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/bin/link.exe"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

i hope that youll be able to help, i really like what youve done here and i would like to use it,

thanks a lot,

keldath,

logBBAI() is in BetterBTSAI.cpp/.h - both files should be showing up on the solution list when you open it in VC++ as they are properly added to the file list of the vcproj file in the svn - and if they do, the linker should find it.
They files are also added in the Makefile though I have no idea if using it actually works.

You are using the makefile, I assume, and linking fails. I have no idea why.
I can only suggest using Visual Studio 2003 and the vcproj file. Maybe it works with VC++ too but I'm not sure what version you'd need there.

Top Bottom