R.E.D. modpack

Last time we heard from Gedmon was back in mid September.

Here's to hoping he is just busy and this Mod isn't dead.

HI,

can u help me out?

How can I adress the new units in a XML file?
I tried it, but I failed.

I put the name into the unitdescription: <UnitArtInfo>ART_DEF_UNIT_GERMAN_RIFLEMAN</UnitArtInfo>

But it did not work...
What else do I have to do?

regards
gwydion

I retried to copie the folder intoi a backup and then again into MOD after installing any other mod - and now I can see the icons...

And then it's easy to adress them in XML - exactly like I did :)

I love your MOD :goodjob:

regards

Please could u add the Napoleonic Austrians from Bernie14?

Thanks

Please could u add the Napoleonic Austrians from Bernie14?

I see that there are 2 Austrian civs: The Austrian Empire - Maria Theresea and Austria-Hungary.

But what did you have in mind for this? References to the Napoleonic units could be added to R.E.D. so that they match the size changes from other units, but you'd need to activate the units separately with another mod. The problem is, what would the units replace? They're too late to go up against vanilla musketmen and too early to go against the riflemen. Would they be a new kind of unit somewhere in between? I know creating new types of units goes beyond Gedemon's mission for this mod. Those units really need to be part of a new scenario.

why u didnt put danrell's greek infarty?i think it is very nice and i found no reason for it to be out

The reason was simply that danrell hadn't yet released the Greek infantry model at the time of the last release of R.E.D.

For the purposes of using it in my mod, I'm working on an unofficial upgrade to R.E.D.

ok thanks.
is there a chance that gedemon makes a new version???
also i had began giving gedemon info about his ww2 mod and suddenly he stopped responding so i think he has got a lot to do this period or he gave up modding.
.can u please give me a name for ur mod so i can get informed when it is ready?

is there a chance that gedemon makes a new version???

Dunno. I've been impatiently waiting also, and that's why I'm finally taking it into my own hands.

.can u please give me a name for ur mod so i can get informed when it is ready?

The Single Unit Graphics mod is linked in my sig, but I'll post here when I'm done.

I'm nearly there. If someone wants to help with the tedious testing process, let me know. I'll be following it with 2 compatible add-ons, a Single Unit Graphics version and one for "Just Ethnic Diversity," i.e., keeping vanilla sizing and formations.

:help:
By the way, I don't have the Korea DLC. Can someone who has purchased it send me a copy of Civ5ArtDefines_Korea_UnitMembers.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_Korea_Units.xml?

thnx i ll be waiting for the just ethnic diversity.u can find good units for ur work from the scenario another ww2 scenario(http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=415821).sorry i cant help u with modding because i am currently try to learn how and i am not a fun of the dlc so i dont use any

i try to import danlreells greek ww2 units (greek infrty) to this mod but with no success.can somebody please tell me how to do this?

First you need to import Infantry_Greece.dds, Infantry_Greece.fxsxml, and Infantry_Greece.gr2.

Then add the following entries to the files XML\Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml, XML\Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml, and Units\newunits_infantry.sql:

Spoiler Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml :
Code:
	<!-- Greece -->
	<UnitMemberArtInfo>
		<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_GREEK_INFANTRY</Type>
		<fScale>0.09</fScale>
		<Granny>Infantry_Greece.fxsxml</Granny>
		<Combat>
			<Defaults>ART_DEF_TEMPLATE_SOLDIER</Defaults>
			<bReformBeforeCombat>1</bReformBeforeCombat>
			<bHasShortRangedAttack>1</bHasShortRangedAttack>
			<Weapon>
				<WeaponTypeTag>BULLET</WeaponTypeTag>
				<WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag>BULLET</WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag>
			</Weapon>
		</Combat>
		<MaterialTypeTag>CLOTH</MaterialTypeTag>
		<MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag>FLESH</MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag>
	</UnitMemberArtInfo>

Spoiler Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml :
Code:
	<UnitArtInfo>
		<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_GREEK_INFANTRY</Type>
		<Formation>UnFormed</Formation>
		<DamageStates>1</DamageStates>
		<UnitMemberArt>
			<MemberType>ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_GREEK_INFANTRY</MemberType>
			<MemberCount>18</MemberCount>
		</UnitMemberArt>
	</UnitArtInfo>

Spoiler newunits_infantry.sql :
Code:
-- Greek infantry
INSERT INTO "Units" ('Type', 'Description', 'Civilopedia', 'Strategy', 'Help', 'Requirements', 'Combat', 'RangedCombat', 'Cost', 'Moves', 'Immobile', 'Range', 'BaseSightRange', 'Class', 'Special', 'Capture', 'CombatClass', 'Domain', 'CivilianAttackPriority', 'DefaultUnitAI', 'Food', 'NoBadGoodies', 'RivalTerritory', 'MilitarySupport', 'MilitaryProduction', 'Pillage', 'Found', 'FoundAbroad', 'CultureBombRadius', 'GoldenAgeTurns', 'IgnoreBuildingDefense', 'PrereqResources', 'Mechanized', 'Suicide', 'CaptureWhileEmbarked', 'PrereqTech', 'ObsoleteTech', 'GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass', 'HurryCostModifier', 'AdvancedStartCost', 'MinAreaSize', 'AirUnitCap', 'NukeDamageLevel', 'WorkRate', 'NumFreeTechs', 'RushBuilding', 'BaseHurry', 'HurryMultiplier', 'BaseGold', 'NumGoldPerEra', 'SpreadReligion', 'IsReligious', 'CombatLimit', 'RangeAttackOnlyInDomain', 'RangeAttackIgnoreLOS', 'RangedCombatLimit', 'XPValueAttack', 'XPValueDefense', 'SpecialCargo', 'DomainCargo', 'Conscription', 'ExtraMaintenanceCost', 'NoMaintenance', 'Unhappiness', 'UnitArtInfo', 'UnitArtInfoCulturalVariation', 'UnitArtInfoEraVariation', 'ProjectPrereq', 'SpaceshipProject', 'LeaderPromotion', 'LeaderExperience', 'DontShowYields', 'ShowInPedia', 'MoveRate', 'UnitFlagIconOffset', 'PortraitIndex', 'IconAtlas', 'UnitFlagAtlas')
	SELECT	("UNIT_GREEK_INFANTRY"), ("TXT_KEY_UNIT_GREEK_INFANTRY"), "Civilopedia", "Strategy", "Help", "Requirements", "Combat", "RangedCombat", "Cost", "Moves", "Immobile", "Range", "BaseSightRange", "Class", "Special", "Capture", "CombatClass", "Domain", "CivilianAttackPriority", "DefaultUnitAI", "Food", "NoBadGoodies", "RivalTerritory", "MilitarySupport", "MilitaryProduction", "Pillage", "Found", "FoundAbroad", "CultureBombRadius", "GoldenAgeTurns", "IgnoreBuildingDefense", "PrereqResources", "Mechanized", "Suicide", "CaptureWhileEmbarked", "PrereqTech", "ObsoleteTech", "GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass", "HurryCostModifier", "AdvancedStartCost", "MinAreaSize", "AirUnitCap", "NukeDamageLevel", "WorkRate", "NumFreeTechs", "RushBuilding", "BaseHurry", "HurryMultiplier", "BaseGold", "NumGoldPerEra", "SpreadReligion", "IsReligious", "CombatLimit", "RangeAttackOnlyInDomain", "RangeAttackIgnoreLOS", "RangedCombatLimit", "XPValueAttack", "XPValueDefense", "SpecialCargo", "DomainCargo", "Conscription", "ExtraMaintenanceCost", "NoMaintenance", "Unhappiness",
			("ART_DEF_UNIT_GREEK_INFANTRY"), "UnitArtInfoCulturalVariation", "UnitArtInfoEraVariation", "ProjectPrereq", "SpaceshipProject", "LeaderPromotion", "LeaderExperience", "DontShowYields", "ShowInPedia", "MoveRate", "UnitFlagIconOffset", "PortraitIndex", "IconAtlas", "UnitFlagAtlas"
	FROM "Units" WHERE (Type = "UNIT_INFANTRY");
INSERT INTO "Language_en_US" ( 'Tag', 'Text' )
	VALUES ( 'TXT_KEY_UNIT_GREEK_INFANTRY', 'Greek Infantry' );
INSERT INTO "Unit_AITypes" ('UnitType', 'UnitAIType')
	SELECT ("UNIT_GREEK_INFANTRY"), "UnitAIType"
	FROM "Unit_AITypes" WHERE (UnitType = "UNIT_INFANTRY");
INSERT INTO "Unit_ClassUpgrades" ('UnitType', 'UnitClassType')
	SELECT ("UNIT_GREEK_INFANTRY"), "UnitClassType"
	FROM "Unit_ClassUpgrades" WHERE (UnitType = "UNIT_INFANTRY");
INSERT INTO "Civilization_UnitClassOverrides" ( 'CivilizationType', 'UnitClassType', 'UnitType' )
	VALUES ( 'CIVILIZATION_GREECE', 'UNITCLASS_INFANTRY', 'UNIT_GREEK_INFANTRY' );
INSERT INTO "Unit_Flavors" ('UnitType', 'FlavorType', 'Flavor')
	SELECT ("UNIT_GREEK_INFANTRY"), "FlavorType", "Flavor"
	FROM "Unit_Flavors" WHERE (UnitType = "UNIT_INFANTRY");
INSERT INTO "Unit_FreePromotions" ('UnitType', 'PromotionType')
	SELECT ("UNIT_GREEK_INFANTRY"), "PromotionType"
	FROM "Unit_FreePromotions" WHERE (UnitType = "UNIT_INFANTRY");
INSERT INTO "Unit_ResourceQuantityRequirements" ('UnitType', 'ResourceType', 'Cost')
	SELECT ("UNIT_GREEK_INFANTRY"), "ResourceType", "Cost"
	FROM "Unit_ResourceQuantityRequirements" WHERE (UnitType = "UNIT_INFANTRY");
-----------

Gedemon
Hello buddy i would like to know if you could add your fighting mechanism from the R.E.D WW2 Edition on the R.E.D Normal i really enjoy the realism when i was playing could you add it to your normal edition please?

thank u for ur help i apreceate this but can i ask how i import the files?i tried anyway i could but nothing(i have just to move the files insode or to do something else?)

EDIT= i found how to import stuff.i have to import the no gloss file too?

kk thanks.i will try to use the instructions u gave me for the other units too.thx a lot.

No problem. However, I've already done most of the tedious work already, if you are going to be adding more than a few units.

I finished putting together a large UNOFFICIAL upgrade to R.E.D., with ~30 additional ethnic units, and many changes to the existing units. There are also three add-on mods: 1. Single Unit Graphics, 2. Just Ethnic Diversity [i.e., vanilla sizing], and 3. a set of ~30 more units that don't quite match the era of the vanilla units (including carriers and paratroopers).

I might have released it some time ago, but I still can't figure out why all the armors and ships are rotated 45 degrees. I wonder whether it's just my PC. But I haven't had much time to troubleshoot it.

And I still need someone to send me those 2 XMLs for the Korea DLC (Civ5ArtDefines_Korea_UnitMembers.xml and Civ5ArtDefines_Korea_Units.xml)

have u published the unoficial update for red?or the ethnic diversity?
because when i look at ur mods i saw some english and french ant the single units

have u published the unoficial update for red?or the ethnic diversity?

No, like I said, I need to figure out the glaring bug with tanks and ships being rotated 90 [not 45] degrees, first (this is on the vertical axis, i.e., they are half-buried in the ground or half underwater).

Like this:
Spoiler :

someone knows how to put the R.E.D ww2 ed combat Mecanism at a normal map what i mean is play any map with the same combat and startegy mecanisms

Top Bottom