Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plagues do, and always have and likely always will, trigger on the turn after the counter hits 0 and end on the turn after the countdown ends.

Does it occur the next turn? The counter isn't perfectly accurate.
It did not. Haven't played enough turns yesterday to see if it was a one-time occurence or a repeatable thing.

If I don't forget, I'll try looking into it more when I come back from work, like trying to repeat it from a save before the turn it supposed to happen and trying to run just the minimal (CP + CiD) mods game to see if it isn't an interaction with something else.

I'm now getting what you're getting. I had made a mistake when upgrading Vox Populi and that's why part of the EUI interface wasn't working for me previously. Also, I was confused because with the RTP compatibility files, the EUI components just show up while in the CID version, you need to select them manually from the drop down (and I assumed that it wasn't working until I saw the option).

Oh, and the notifications at the bottom seem to have also started working now.

Thanks for the help - and sorry for the confusion.

PS: The leader heads (for lack of a better term) work perfectly with both RTP and CID so I don't think you need to work on that.

That's because the CID files have been updated to do that, and RTP will do too with the next update.

Tried toying around, see if I can figure out what the deal was with the plague not triggering for me.
- Loaded a save from 1 turn before the plague. Plague doesn't trigger.
- Loaded a further in-save, wasted some turns to get to the next one. Triggers normally.
- Waited some more for a different city to fill it's plague meter, thinking it might be a "first plague in city" kind of deal. Nope, triggers normally.
- Started a new game under the same parameters to check if it migh be "first plague of the game" not triggering. Nope, got plagued as I should.

Conclusion: as my friend likes to say - sodomy non sapiens (Buggered if I know). Looks like I run into a 1 in 100 chance of a bug (why doesn't that surprise me), best I can offer - if you want to check it out at all - is to upload my save somewhere and provide a list of mods I'm using so that you can run it. Not sure if worth the effort.

PS. Noticed that with ExCE and CiD tiles that are Jungle, Plains are passable even though Jungle is supposed to be impassable until Sailing. Fairly sure that didn't happen with ust ExCE.

PS2. The Disease/Plague icon under city banner seems to act a bit funky. Namely once a plague triggers the icon changes but description remains "Plagued in 0/1 turns"

PS3. I assume the kind of the plague the city contracts is purely cosmetic?

I've encountered many bugs (especially with the interface) in my last game. City Banners disappeared from time to time, and those that did appear stopped updating themselves at some point. I had to enter the city screen to know how much population do I have, and even then I couldn't see how many turns will it take for a building to finish (it kept showing the same number). Also, the cost of the first social policy seems to have changed from 20 to 25 (I assume that it has to do with the CP). That doesn't seem to bother the AI though (according to EUI, they adopted 3 policies in 20 turns).

I dealt with that, somehow. But then my game crashed.

Lua log (The last DB log entry was from the time I started the game):

Spoiler :
[1394413.218] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394413.546] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394413.671] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394413.953] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394414.078] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394414.343] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394414.468] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394415.015] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394415.140] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394416.078] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394416.390] RandomEventsPopup: Pazhaiyarai 2
[1394416.437] RandomEventsPopup: Finding CulDev line for: CIVILIZATION_MC_CHOLA
[1394416.437] RandomEventsPopup: Finding general CulDev line
[1394416.765] JFD_CID_Health_Functions: Sending World Event for: Raja Raja IAn epidemic of [ICON_JFD_PLAGUE_BUBONIC] Black Death has broken out in the Chola city of Pazhaiyarai!
[1394417.859] InfoAddictDataManager: INFO: Saving player stats took 0.961s to complete (11 inserts).
[1394417.953] InfoAddictDataManager: INFO: Updating the historical data table with 1 turns took 0.01s to complete (1 queries).
[1394418.265] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394418.578] InfoAddictHistoricalData: INFO: Total time for DrawGraph(score): 0.073s
[1394418.703] InfoAddictCivRelations: INFO: Total time to build political view: 0.02s
[1394418.750] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394419.375] TurnProcessing: Hiding TurnProcessing

P.S. it seems like Gazebo moved some things from the CBO to the CP. Barbarians spawned way quicker then usual.

P.S. 2: Attrition immunity is basically worthless, and I haven't seen a single AI great recon unit from some reason...

I've encountered many bugs (especially with the interface) in my last game. City Banners disappeared from time to time, and those that did appear stopped updating themselves at some point. I had to enter the city screen to know how much population do I have, and even then I couldn't see how many turns will it take for a building to finish (it kept showing the same number).

I saw this happen also. I think the production turn count is tied to plauges (that's when I notice production bar *and* growth bar not working properly) or, to be precise, it might be tied to the automatic shift to food focus as one time when I went into the city to manually change back to default the food and production counters on the city banner started showing proper numbers again.

Whew, just played first play through of cid 47. I found the plague to units way to overpowering. ie i am constantly having to make units to replace the ones that die off. Other then disabling plague all together, is there another way to lesson this effect?

Whew, just played first play through of cid 47. I found the plague to units way to overpowering. ie i am constantly having to make units to replace the ones that die off. Other then disabling plague all together, is there another way to lesson this effect?

Yeap, I will be lowering the damage in v48. But don't forget you can also cure them via upgrading, promotion, or stationing them in a healthy city.

I've encountered many bugs (especially with the interface) in my last game. City Banners disappeared from time to time, and those that did appear stopped updating themselves at some point. I had to enter the city screen to know how much population do I have, and even then I couldn't see how many turns will it take for a building to finish (it kept showing the same number). Also, the cost of the first social policy seems to have changed from 20 to 25 (I assume that it has to do with the CP). That doesn't seem to bother the AI though (according to EUI, they adopted 3 policies in 20 turns).

I dealt with that, somehow. But then my game crashed.

Lua log (The last DB log entry was from the time I started the game):

Spoiler :
[1394413.218] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394413.546] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394413.671] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394413.953] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394414.078] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394414.343] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394414.468] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394415.015] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394415.140] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394416.078] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394416.390] RandomEventsPopup: Pazhaiyarai 2
[1394416.437] RandomEventsPopup: Finding CulDev line for: CIVILIZATION_MC_CHOLA
[1394416.437] RandomEventsPopup: Finding general CulDev line
[1394416.765] JFD_CID_Health_Functions: Sending World Event for: Raja Raja IAn epidemic of [ICON_JFD_PLAGUE_BUBONIC] Black Death has broken out in the Chola city of Pazhaiyarai!
[1394417.859] InfoAddictDataManager: INFO: Saving player stats took 0.961s to complete (11 inserts).
[1394417.953] InfoAddictDataManager: INFO: Updating the historical data table with 1 turns took 0.01s to complete (1 queries).
[1394418.265] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394418.578] InfoAddictHistoricalData: INFO: Total time for DrawGraph(score): 0.073s
[1394418.703] InfoAddictCivRelations: INFO: Total time to build political view: 0.02s
[1394418.750] Runtime Error: C:\Users\NATAN\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 48)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1169: attempt to index global 'controls' (a nil value)
[1394419.375] TurnProcessing: Hiding TurnProcessing

P.S. it seems like Gazebo moved some things from the CBO to the CP. Barbarians spawned way quicker then usual.

P.S. 2: Attrition immunity is basically worthless, and I haven't seen a single AI great recon unit from some reason...

Use EUI at your own risk.

Some CP update seems to have introduced this bug with the attrition immunity system not working. Gazebo will likely look into it when he returns.

I do not intend to be rude, but... I assumed that the EUI comp. files were supposed to, well, provide compatibility with EUI, which they unfortunately did not in my recent game. I could play without EUI (or at least without the part causing the bugs) but then again that doesn't change the fact the comp. files aren't working properly, which is why I wrote my previous post.

(Not because I can't deal without EUI)

P.S. CP seems to break the game recently. AIs try bribing you for peace, give you way more then you give them in trade deals, and the barbarians won't capture your settlers unless they have to.

EUI is bad nowadays, it's genuinely better to play without it. ;)

P.S. CP seems to break the game recently. AIs try bribing you for peace, give you way more then you give them in trade deals, and the barbarians won't capture your settlers unless they have to.

All known issues - should be fixed when Pope Gazebo comes back from his pilgrimage. Meanwhile you could try using an older version of the Patch (version 12-8 should work properly, for example - old versions are available in the regular download thread)

I do not intend to be rude, but... I assumed that the EUI comp. files were supposed to, well, provide compatibility with EUI, which they unfortunately did not in my recent game. I could play without EUI (or at least without the part causing the bugs) but then again that doesn't change the fact the comp. files aren't working properly, which is why I wrote my previous post.

By "use at your own risk" I mean, EUI Comp. is liable to break easily, as I do not test it as thoroughly as vanilla. I also am in much less of a hurry to fix any issues that crop up. But I will look into them when I am ready to work on v48 of CiD.

EUI is bad nowadays, it's genuinely better to play without it. ;)

All known issues - should be fixed when Pope Gazebo comes back from his pilgrimage. Meanwhile you could try using an older version of the Patch (version 12-8 should work properly, for example - old versions are available in the regular download thread)

I'd like to think of Gazebo as the Bill Gates of modding, rather than as a pope... (if that even makes any sense :p)

Anyway, thanks for clearing things up for me (both of you) and for creating half of the mods I use

Noticed that an enslaved oathsworn (Gaul UU) still gets full XP from battle (e.g. 5XP from attacking barb) instead of earning 50% less XP (because of the enslaved promotion).

Also, I'm able to purchase military units with shackles even when I don't have the resources for it (e.g. the oathsworn (swordsman) without having iron)). Not sure that's the intention?

I don't think that the Gaul civ even supports CiD...

Natan plz

There is no such thing as CID support.

@stef

Lua and Database logs, I guess. However that looks like it's gonna be either 1. Firaxis not being able to do negatives or 2. Another "Blame G". Can you replicate the bugs with other units and other civs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom