Improving yield of an improvement

AMS97F1

Chieftain
Hey guys, I'm working on a pretty basic Civ mod to add in a new civ. I wanted to make my unique ability this: "Farms provide +1 culture and Gold. Naval Units cost half maintenance."

Firstly, how can I make the Farms do this? I've tried this:

<Trait_ImprovementYieldChanges>
<Row>
<TraitType>MY_TRAIT_NAME_HERE</TraitType>
<ImprovementType>IMPROVEMENT_FARM</ImprovementType>
<YieldType>YIELD_CULTURE</YieldType>
<Yield>1</Yield>
</Row>
</Trait_ImprovementYieldChanges>

But it appears to do nothing.

Secondly, is that ability overpowered, under powered or balanced?

Any help would be fantastic!

I'm not sure why that's not working as it seems to be the same thing the Japanese UA uses for fishing boats. Do you have anyone working the farm? I believe that needs to happen for the culture to be granted; an improved, but unoccupied farm wouldn't gain any yields by itself.

Yeah there is someone working it, which is what confuses me, I don't understand why it wont work at all. Everything else I've kind of figured out. It is probably something silly on my part :p

I've even tried it with some Update tags as well (Advice I saw elsewhere), didn't work either.

Make sure you have the correct file attributes set (third link in my sig)
Enable logging (first link in my sig) and check the logs for errors
Otherwise, attach the actual mod (second link in my sig)

Make sure you have the correct file attributes set (third link in my sig)
Enable logging (first link in my sig) and check the logs for errors
Otherwise, attach the actual mod (second link in my sig)

I don't know if this is of use, but before I go to the effort of linking the mod, can you tell what is wrong from this? https://gyazo.com/33102007f07841cfa94da69773b16020

That screenshot is from the trait xml file, is that the correct thing to do?

It doesn't actually do us much good because without the context of the mod in which it occurs we cannot tell if the file itself is incorrectly structured or if the mod itself is incorrectly structured.

Use the second link in whoaward69's sig to learn what it is we need and how to add it to a post.

Ok, so here is the mod.

I've also encountered another problem. I am trying to get the civ icons to work, I can build with the 256x256 icon, but the rest give me that SevenZip error, I can't seem to work out what is wrong with that, even after reading a few bits on it. I've compressed the other icons as much as I can.

Edit: Meant to say, I'm not sure I want to keep that unique unit either, would it be acceptable to have 2 buildings? If not, how could I have a unique Great Admiral - is there a guide to that? Can I make the Great admirals spawn faster? I'd quite like a Unique Admiral that gives double combat bonus (similar to China) and they spawn faster.

Attachments

• Narfolk.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 44
that SevenZip error
If you mean what I think you mean then there's nothing you can do apart from spamming the rebuild-button/deleting and re-adding the icon sheet. I get that error sometimes as well.

Two UB's is acceptable (an example I can think of right now is the Animal Crossing Civ that someone recently made/asked help for on the forums), though people generally tend to make at least one UU.

What you attached is the entire modbuddy project and not a zip of the mod as it is in the game's MODS folder, and as shown in William's tutorial: whoward69's zip your mods and attach tutorial

This:
Code:
		<Row>
			<TraitType>EVERY_MAN_WILL_DO_HIS_DUTY</TraitType>
			<Yield>1</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<YieldType>YIELD_GOLD</YieldType>
			<Yield>1</Yield>
		</Row>
Does not match to this:
Code:
  <Traits>
    <Row>
      <Type>TRAIT_EVERY_MAN_WILL_DO_HIS_DUTY</Type>
	................snipped lines..................
You also have multiple incorrect settings for your files in the version of the mod that is in the "Build" folder of the project.

whoward69's what ModBuddy setting for what file types tutorial

What you attached is the entire modbuddy project and not a zip of the mod as it is in the game's MODS folder, and as shown in William's tutorial: whoward69's zip your mods and attach tutorial

This:
Code:
		<Row>
			<Yield>1</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<YieldType>YIELD_GOLD</YieldType>
			<Yield>1</Yield>
		</Row>
Does not match to this:
Code:
  <Traits>
    <Row>
      <Type>TRAIT_EVERY_MAN_WILL_DO_HIS_DUTY</Type>
	................snipped lines..................
You also have multiple incorrect settings for your files in the version of the mod that is in the "Build" folder of the project.

whoward69's what ModBuddy setting for what file types tutorial

Oh right, I thought I followed it correctly :p

Ah, so in the part with the farm I need to add the "TRAIT_" part? Figured it would be something small like that. Thanks for pointing it out!

And as for the settings, I'll check them out and see if I can see what is wrong. Thanks again! :)

EDIT: IT WORKS! Thanks to everyone who helped me out!

Top Bottom