Ials pbem #1

My fault probably, sorry everybody. I played the game on Feb 7 but apparently failed to upload it. And then I thought it is still with ruff (he does not use tracker unless absolutely bored :) ), and since he was holding our other Straight up game I was thinking maybe he is just temporarily unavailable...

Ruff, may I ask you how many turns did you have before the Pentagon completion? I can't believe I was able to steal it under your nose with you being like 8 techs ahead... :woohoo::woohoo:

You're already building Pentagon?

Please tell me that Mali went for Japan after the Poop City fell. :)

Ruff, may I ask you how many turns did you have before the Pentagon completion? I can't believe I was able to steal it under your nose with you being like 8 techs ahead... :woohoo::woohoo:

I never really prioritized it ... kept putting it in a queue and then taking it out. I didn't have any hammers invested in it at all.

Wow, CR -- that was quick! :mad:

Portugal has finally surpassed Mali in shield production but Mali's threefold(!) lead in GNP makes situation absolutely depressing.

Portugal has finally surpassed Mali in shield production
I didn't notice that ... checking latest save ...

but Mali's threefold(!) lead in GNP makes situation absolutely depressing.
Don't get too depressed as culture counts into GNP and both of my Corporations generate lots of culture. It was actually a difficult decision to pass over Mining Inc and take the other corp ... less hammers, but culture thrown in there too.

less hammers, but culture thrown in there too.

Yes, hummers not shields! I know Civ4 was around for 10+ year, but I have started with Civ 1 :D

Two turns in the same day and then nothing :(

Where is the turn?

It is Sinimusta's turn.

Just barely surpassed the traditional 48 hours expectation. I have seen much worse ;)

It is interesting to see Japan with fighters without the ability to build combustion engines. They must be powered by giant rubberbands.

Combustion? Blergh... How materialistic those Malinese can be... Ever heard of 神風, Japanese for divine wind? :mischief:

Finished a bomber the turn before ... no room in the city for it ... got bumped to a fort ... right next door to Japan ... it got killed by a Portuguese calvary ... you learn something new everyday.

War v Japan has started. Expect global population to drop significantly over the next few turns as all three sides trade units.

United we stand! And yes, city without airport can only hold 4 air units max.

The brutal Malinese pirates have raided the coasts of Japanese empire showing no mercy or civilized behaviour. They have razed and killed the populations of old and cultured cities of Sparta and Izumo. Japanese army has to fight in hellish conditions, while the tech army of Mali tries to break them with bombers and tanks. Technology against the spirit of Bushido!:ninja:

Still, the Japanese can't stand the violation of the holy ground of our Motherland. Counterattacks have been made, where the city of Nara was restored back to the empire and the enemy was slain in the gates of Corinth. Over 20 tank units were destroyd, some actually with pikes.:spear: The help of Portuguese empire is noted; we're not alone against the hegemon of Mali!

Excellent result Japan. This game is getting tight.

@Tigranes - I had a sub off your North West coast that is gone now. The combat log doesn't seem to mention it. Do you know what happened?

Yes, it was sunk for sinking Whale boats in the age when Whales became obsolete for human happiness. Not sure what's wrong with logs, but I noticed some other oddity in this PBEM only -- sometimes my city builds one thing and pop up screen for the new build announces that I have built completely different thing. Go figure...

@Japan. Wow, 20 Tanks? As Donald Trump likes to say -- incredible, simply incredible!!! :clap:

Another favorable event for Mali! What options do the Marathon event offers, Ruff?

I saw that. Someone invaded me (HA!) and one of my soldiers ran to tell the world about it. This event didn't offer a range of possible rewards (so ... not so good) ... but the one reward it did offer was ...

Golden Age

:D:D:D

Top Bottom