Will this game run on my Laptop?

Lord_Dweedle

Chieftain
My laptop isn't gaming material although it plays games like Skyrim, GTA 4, Sims 3 and Mass Effect 3 fine.

But I have heard that this game is system intensive, here is my spec's

Win7 64bit
4gb Ram
AMD a4-3300mm APU radeon 1.90ghz

I am sure this game will work on my PC but just making sure before I spend my xmas money

Should run fine, I've played on lower specs, and have friends that play at about those. Don't expect to run at max or anything, but it should work fine. Try out the DX9, and worse case scenario, you'll need strategic mode for the larger maps, and you won't be able to play the biggest. Just try and be sure to get Gods and Kings at least, and if possible all of the non-map DLC (maps are okay, but Civ's and wonders are better).

If you can run Skyrim, you can play Civ. Even without strategic view. The game isn't that demanding on specs; the larger maps problems are usually a byproduct of the number of calculations being ran every turn and nothing to do with the core game, graphics, etc.

Standard size maps with average graphic settings should play just fine.

(BTW I play on laptop as well)

Edit: Also, game seems to run smoother after G&K and recent patches. Although the fall patch seems to have broken the game for many, overall it seems to run better than upon release.

Ahh, I misread the OP, thought it said he can't run Skyrim, etc. If he can, he should be fine.

You can always try the demos before purchasing the game.

I would suggest the demos too. There have been several reports on this forum from people who can run Skyrim well that can not run Civ V without so much lag it becomes unplayable. So there is no guarantee that being able to run one game will enable you to run another.

Top Bottom