Civ V - One World Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will go ahead and put my guess for the 10 civs to make it:

1. Portugal (Of course)
2. Kongo
3. Zulu (Sadly :p)
4. Indonesia
5. Comanche (One of the most famous North American native empires. In fact its empire was the largest in all of North America and fits better into an American Civil War scenario which we already know the files exist for than the Sioux)
6. Brazil
7. Gran Colombia (One world - I am guessing we will see some colonial scenarios - And Gran Colombia would fit the mold of a civ that gets in because of a Scenario similar to how other civs have in the past)
8. Khmer
9. Israel [A controversial pick each civ iteration]
10. Inca [Following the Spain precedent and having 3 civs for south America along with Spain, Portugal, and Dutch]

If they really wanted to stir it up, they should release Canada as a civ and make Stephen Harper the leader :lol:

I'm hoping for global warming and stuff along those lines wher deserts and forrest can expand and shrink! I'd like to see a game on tilted axis where the snow areas are allowed to thaw out! I've had some fun games on that map and it would open a whole new event to the game!

I will go ahead and put my guess for the 10 civs to make it:

1. Portugal (Of course)
2. Kongo
3. Zulu (Sadly :p)
4. Indonesia
5. Comanche (One of the most famous North American native empires. In fact its empire was the largest in all of North America and fits better into an American Civil War scenario which we already know the files exist for than the Sioux)
6. Brazil
7. Gran Colombia (One world - I am guessing we will see some colonial scenarios - And Gran Colombia would fit the mold of a civ that gets in because of a Scenario similar to how other civs have in the past)
8. Khmer
9. Israel [A controversial pick each civ iteration]
10. Inca [Following the Spain precedent and having 3 civs for south America along with Spain, Portugal, and Dutch]
I like this list, but I doubt Israel will be included for Political reasons - same with Tibet, despite the awesomeness they would be.

It's getting hotter ^^.
Gamefront picked the news up from neogaf and it's also on reddit.
Edit: And another, smaller link from Hardcoregamer.com.

Just two wishes: they don't add Zulu (let them be just an optional DLC) and no more bad features ported from Civ4.

Honestly though there is so much to add (Comprehensive disease, trade, and improving quality of diplomacy and AI being able to play a more diplomatic game [if this is done then fix the UN/add Apostolic Palace])

AI is always the biggest wish - GK did a lot, but there is still a ton to be done

I say we don't hear anything until February when there will be an official announcement followed by some magazine coverage. If this thing is on steam, it means that they are going to be showing it off to the media pretty soon.

I haven't played much CIV, but what I miss is the "global view". You could zoom out so much it would show the whole planet as a globe. I liked that a lot and wish it comes back.

About the possible civs, I put my money on the Zulu and Portugal for sure. Maybe Sumeria, a native american civilization (Sioux, Comanches, Apaches), Indonesia or the Majapahit, the Khmer, Kongo, Poland.... so many options. I don't know if this has been addressed, but what about the Hebrews?

Also, I'm surprised with so many people expecting my country to be in! I wouldn't really put my money on Brazil, even though I'd like it.

I actually hope they don't announce it officially until it's within three months of release. The G&K announcement was horrible. They announced it in February, and didn't release until June. That's way too long for an expansion pack. Learning about new mechanics and concepts that are going to be available in the game too far ahead of time just make the game less enjoyable until the xp is actually released.

Anyway, my biggest hope for the expansion pack: information. We need things like the trade opportunities mod, and info addict's ability to check information when another civ comes to you.

I'd also like war weariness so that I don't have to fight 1000 year wars when Rome thinks it is winning because they have 100 legions sitting at home on the other side of the continent.

Other than that, I'm sure any new features will be great. I love the way they handled religion, espionage, and every thing they did in G&K.

I agree. The G&K release was well done. They released a nice chunk at the beginning, then trickled out info in spurts at just the right interval to keep us focused and excited.

What's coming to mind is that thread when the 9th Civ was teased out with little snippets of concept art. Moments like those show our community's dedication.

I also think the fact that this showed up on the Steam database means there's significant enough progress on it - it's not just on paper. I hope we get an announcement soon, but I can't say I expect it.

Won't stop me from checking....

I'm sure there is already quite a bit done. Dev teams don't just sit around after a prior release, twiddling their thumbs; they get to work on the next project right away. Even subtracting a month due to post-release/Xmas time-off, that is still ~7 solid months of work. No doubt they are preparing for the press-release part of development.

I'm sure there is already quite a bit done. Dev teams don't just sit around after a prior release, twiddling their thumbs; they get to work on the next project right away. Even subtracting a month due to post-release/Xmas time-off, that is still ~7 solid months of work. No doubt they are preparing for the press-release part of development.

True, but also consider they had that big(ish) Fall Patch deal a couple months ago.

Not high on my list of expectations but a nice new mechanic would be an actual working world market where goods values swing up and down depending on supply and demand, wars, and politics.
I don't have the details on how this could be implemented but just thought it would be a neat new system that explores the economic side of the game more (perhaps instead of corporations).
It also ties nicely into the title "One World"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom