What Did you Achieve today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow up, I got an A- on my paper!

Today, I completed an educational programme and sent off a whole bunch of DVDs to India as part of a little bit of altruism I indulge myself in.

Here's a little info about it:

Basically, there is a family friend in Bangalore who is a Catholic priest (he taught my mother when she was young). He became a friend of mine on a recent visit owing to a shared love of film, photography and literature. He puts on all kinds of educational symposia at his college. I went to one and was really impressed at the varied media he used, the open and searching debate he sparks up and the general energy, compassion and intellectual hunger of the man.

So what we do now is put together seminars, presentations and symposia together over email. We have done two so far now. The first (which has been delivered) was all about "Women and Their Place in Society". It's a big issue for young Hindu girls. So we put together a presentation and discussion session based on these films which I sent him:

Silences of The Palace (Samt el qusur)
The Apple (Sib)
Calamity Jane
and Gilda.

The one he is to deliver shortly is about "Living and Loving in War". It's about not losing sight of what's important and valuable to us in times of war. This presentation/debate/discussion is based on only one film I need to send him, the rest comes from literature (a lot of Primo Levi):

La Vita è bella (Life is Beautiful)

Giving children thousands of miles away these kinds of gifts (ideas, knowledge and the chance to challenge the status quo) is something that gives me enormous pleasure and satisfaction.

PS. We've done similar things with Political Cartoons too. Except these were used to make presentations on behalf of fishermen who had had their livelihoods destroyed by the tsunami and were not getting enough help to rebuild their shattered lives.

I was totally confused over some work, but my lecturer was really nice, set up a meeting and i now understand it. :)

We played another five-a-side football match today, and won convincingly again, 19-9. I was in goal for over half the game and only conceded two goals, so that extends our winning streak to four games!

And I got a university offer for pharmacy from the london school of pharmacy, so overall a good day.

I had to run to the office of Finaical aid to protest the cancelation of a 1,000 dollar work study program for me. (Work study means I work for the university, and the money i would be paid goes towards my tution)

I should win the appeal...the money was canceled by mistake. But geez...this place is screwing me over

After 12 hours I finally managed to get rid of the enormous metal bar I had in my brain when I woke up (big night last night).

Today, I finally pulled off the "simultaneous six"

That is, I urinated, vomited, defecated, cried, blew my nose, and squeezed wax out of my ears ALL AT THE SAME TIME. It's the only way, save cutting off a limb, to lose ten pounds in ten seconds. :D

Fifty said:
Today, I finally pulled off the "simultaneous six"

That is, I urinated, vomited, defecated, cried, blew my nose, and squeezed wax out of my ears ALL AT THE SAME TIME. It's the only way, save cutting off a limb, to lose ten pounds in ten seconds. :D

Wow ! Put everything back were it was ASAP !!

I connected with a guy who may be able to give my GF and me (and all our stuff) a ride from NJ to CA when I go back to properly move. All he wants in exchange is us to pay the gas. :)

good going Chukchi, whats it like?

cool- is it quite small? otherwise im confused it would be submissive to a cat!

as in like you discovered it in real life? or just on t'internet?

fifty? how did you manage to do ALL of them? and just how do you sqeeze wax out of your ears anyways...

Wind Ensemble- sucked like usual
Homeroom- principle complaining about us kids swearing
Physics- Broke a slinky in there
Free Period- Bomberman!!!
World Lit- Henry IV
Lunch- Culvers
Psych- Movie
AP Euro- German Economy after World War I
AP Gov- Project Presentation- How a Bill Becomes a Law?
Come Home
Guitar Hero
Civ Fanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom