What should my plan be here?

Pirate334

Chieftain
I'm playing on immortal difficulty, marathon, I have started a tradition open, got +2 faith from quarries (should I have got something else).

My main concern is how to deal with India, they are really in my way at the moment, especially Mumbai which I think is pretty poorly placed. However, I'm afraid if I invade India Germany may get upset and attack/denounce me and cause all kinds of diplomatic problems for the rest of the game.

The second issue is where to place my cities. Obviously the silver area is very nice but it's a bit far from my capital and there's not much in between.

Attachments

• Celts 1.jpg
    Celts 1.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 285
  • Celts 2.jpg
    Celts 2.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 241
Concerning a city spot - you have a GREAT one with three luxuries and a quarry near the silver. The distance from the capital is fine - there shouldn't be many problems once the cities expand. The only problem might be Venice...

The spot I'm talking about is the forest tile near the 3-way fork in the river. It's a river city, which is already great. You'll have the truffles right away, the silver after a border pop, and the copper after a few more border pops. If you want to play tall, this is a great way to get lots of happiness. There's also deer and cows nearby which is great.

Also north up from there, good spot on the river again, grabbing both Copper and Dyes.

Expand quickly and start pumping archers.

Concerning a city spot - you have a GREAT one with three luxuries and a quarry near the silver. The distance from the capital is fine - there shouldn't be many problems once the cities expand. The only problem might be Venice...

The spot I'm talking about is the forest tile near the 3-way fork in the river. It's a river city, which is already great. You'll have the truffles right away, the silver after a border pop, and the copper after a few more border pops. If you want to play tall, this is a great way to get lots of happiness. There's also deer and cows nearby which is great.

I just worry about having problems moving units and workers between my cities and not being able to use my cities to help defend each other and I don't really want to have to build a massive road to my capital. Also, I was thinking of putting the city on the directly East to the one you are suggesting.

Should I build a city somewhere in between later? Perhaps on the hill/river next to the cows to the south.

And what to do with Gandhi?

I just worry about having problems moving units and workers between my cities and not being able to use my cities to help defend each other and I don't really want to have to build a massive road to my capital. Also, I was thinking of putting the city on the directly East to the one you are suggesting.

Should I build a city somewhere in between later? Perhaps on the hill/river next to the cows to the south.

As in, one tile directly to the east? That also works. I chose the spot because of the 3 luxury resources. Movement shouldn't be too bad between the city and capital - it's not too too far. Besides, if it comes to war, there's no question about a road in between.

As for settling in between later, I dunno. Maybe. I'd probably go North though, since there are quite a bit of good tiles up there. But then India could be a problem.

Oh, and as stated, get a few archers out. They'll come in handy.

As in, one tile directly to the east? That also works. I chose the spot because of the 3 luxury resources

You still get all three luxuries but also the forest tile which gives me +1 faith since I'm playing as the celts.

You still get all three luxuries but also the forest tile which gives me +1 faith since I'm playing as the celts.

Yep. Now that I'm think about it, that would be a good idea. I forgot about the Celts faith stuff.

As for Ghandi, I'm not sure. You could just wipe him out - you're gonna be competing for land a lot and he might eventually just DoW you, so...

Yeah I think I have to go to war with India...

Attachments

• Celts 3.jpg
    Celts 3.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 162
that looks like a VERY slow expansion. Why do you waste turns for producing a warrior? Thats pretty much waste of a lot of hammers and turns for a unit thats bad in combat and bad at exploring ...

And for the pantheon - I'd definitely go Food from camps. You have a total of 5 camp options in your capitol alone. Also, you should put a city on the hill near the cattle.

Top Bottom