Blocked Settler?

chimpanzebra

Chieftain
India Immortal Continents. I spent the early game stealing workers and settlers from Assyria as well as using a GG to steal a few luxes. However I am more interested in a peaceful culture victory and since he built the great wall we made peace. Now hes trying to sneak settlers by me. I had a pretty hilarious time surrounding this one but now my question is what to do now? Will he eventually declare war on me to free the settler? Will this block even be noticed by the ai? Can I look forward to having six units tied up until Mr. Warmonger rebuilds his army? I havent had much luck in the past blocking settlers so I am unsure what will happen.

Spoiler :

if he had open borders, when it expires you can trap it with just 2 units using your borders.

Eventually it'll grab optics and swim a settler around you.

Yes, your units are locked into guarding the settler, at least until you've finished settling cities and given them some time for border expansion (and/or purchase key tiles).

Will he eventually declare war on me to free the settler?
No, but it's Ashurbanipal; he's probably going to declare just because you two share borders, and his expansion has been shut down, both conditions which will push an AI into war, especially a warmonger.

Can he not just run it into the CS territory or to the tile where the caravan is?
Civilian units can't move through foreign units (including foreign civilian units). In a pinch, even a worker can help with this.

I had some fun blocking a settler with a line of 4 units, moving them all up and down one tile alternatively, the settler kept on going the other way after I moved. Did this for about 20 turns until my settler was in position to found the city.

Top Bottom