Easter Egg Collecting! (spoilers be here)

puck11b said:
Solomon's temple was the first temple, it was destroyed by the Babylonians in 586 BCE. The Second temple was completed in 515 BCE and destroyed by the Romans after 4 years of Jewish revolt in 70 CE. The third temple has yet to be built, and since the particular type of cattle that is needed to consecrate it has gone extinct it is unlikely to be rebuilt in the near future.

Yay, i was right

Is the Lanun music loosesly based on Davy jone's theme from Pirates of the Caribbeans 2? if not, it sounds remarkably like it...

A coupla more quotes for you, Thomas, two of my favorites...

"No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."
-Nora Ephron

"Some ideas are so stupid, only an intellectual could believe them."
-George Orwell

thomas.berubeg said:
Is the Lanun music loosesly based on Davy jone's theme from Pirates of the Caribbeans 2? if not, it sounds remarkably like it...

No, its from a Cirque du Soleil song.

Nero's fire said:
Surely Sir not appearing in this film is an easter egg. He is only in the civolepedia and not really part of the game. But yes techincally these aren't easter eggs.
"Sir not appearing in this mod" is, in fact, a game mechanic. He's there to prevent certain units from going obsolete. But the name is very fitting.

Kael said:
thomas.berubeg said:

No, its from a Cirque du Soleil song.

How very odd. Are you sure you've not mixed up your sources - the theme is played in its entirety, along with a few extra bars, from 4m57 in "The Mariner's Revenge Song", by The Decemberists. Maybe both stole it from an earlier source. *shrugs*

GeeJo said:
How very odd. Are you sure you've not mixed up your sources - the theme is played in its entirety, along with a few extra bars, from 4m57 in "The Mariner's Revenge Song", by The Decemberists. Maybe both stole it from an earlier source. *shrugs*

I've wondered about that too...it sounds like in "the mariner's revenge song" that the Lanun theme is cut into their song; but I've never heard the cirque rendition.

GeeJo said:

You may be right, I went through all fo the cd's I thought I pulled the diplo tunes from and I couldn't find any that matched the lanun tune. I don't know where it came from.

Weird, because the only thing I know about the decemberists is that people have told me that the button art for the arcane barge comes from one of their album covers.

So, can anyone rightful ownership of the soundrack now?

You may be right, I went through all fo the cd's I thought I pulled the diplo tunes from and I couldn't find any that matched the lanun tune. I don't know where it came from.

It came from me...And it is indeed a part of The Mariner's Revenge Song. Didn't I mention that earlier in this very thread?:confused: Someone did, at least. And I did state where it came from in the mail I sent, but that was half a year ago.

It came from me...And it is indeed a part of The Mariner's Revenge Song. Didn't I mention that earlier in this very thread?:confused: Someone did, at least.

It came from me...And it is indeed a part of The Mariner's Revenge Song. Didn't I mention that earlier in this very thread?:confused: Someone did, at least. And I did state where it came from in the mail I sent, but that was half a year ago.

Mmm, am I seriously mistaken, or is the song when Octopus Overlords spreads from "desert rose" by sting?

Yes, it is, as pointed out several times earlier in this thread. But that's not really an Easter Egg, just good music.

prophet is the boaring prophet in life of brian

The civic name protect the meek also come from life of brian. I think Jesus telling it when he standing on the hill in the beginning

Like "protect the meek" and those whos near brian arguing about bignoses

And dont know if its easter but isnt the ruins, barrows and ancient temple from Sid Meiers Pirates!?

Top Bottom