Complete list of Steam Achievements

It would appear that somebody at Firaxis is a Doctor horrible fan.:mischief:

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it." "He threw a car at my head."

Who isn't? :)

Can I put my vote in for implementing the "fake" achievements :p They look a lot more fun than the real ones!

I plan to play in offline mode and switch online only for download DLCs and patches. Will the game remember/building a list of my achievements while I'm offline?

Actually, yes. It's in the manual, somewhere

Is there no Civ Specific achievement for Siam, Songhai, and Persia?

Not on the current Steam list. It's possible some of the secret achievements are specific to these civs. Steam says there are 120 achievements, but there are only 103 in the list.

Also, the manual (page 6) says new achievements will become available with some DLC. So there may be more achievements associated with Babylon available.

The African King
Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Askia.

Age Of Empire
Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Darius.

Empire Of The East
Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Ramkhamhaeng.

Actually, there are achievements for them, according to this list.

The African King
Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Askia.

Age Of Empire
Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Darius.

Empire Of The East
Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Ramkhamhaeng.

Actually, there are achievements for them, according to this list.

Aye, they do have the basic "beat the game" achievements.

I was thinking of the additional civ specific challenges such as:

Conquest of the World
As Alexander, defeat every known player by 350 BC.

Bollywood
As Gandhi, win a cultural victory with 3 or fewer cities in your empire.

I assumed that was what moysturfurmer was asking about. Every other civ except Siam, Songhai, and Persia have such achievements.

I've never played using Steam. What good are these "achievements?" What do you gain from attaining them? Thanks to anyone who knows.

I've never played using Steam. What good are these "achievements?" What do you gain from attaining them? Thanks to anyone who knows.

Achievements are for some people and they not for others. Some players are motivated to complete them all and it brings a sense of accomplishment when all of them are completed. Also it extends the life of the game for some players since they want to try and complete all challenges.

For others, it means nothing. If it means nothing to you, no worries. I know I am going to work on them, though I probably won't be able to complete them all.

I really like the challenges at the end of the list. The first two-thirds or so were basic and mundane, easy to complete over time, but the later ones were creative and give people new goals and objectives to complete.

Achievements work so well because man is a hunter and gatherer. For the same reason this explains parts of the success of Diablo2 and World of Warcraft.

Knightly

Japan's is fun, just because of how ridiculous the Bushido ability is.

take real effort (win as Alexander by 350BC).

Actually, this one's pretty easy; you only have to conquer the known world by 350 BC, so once you take out your own continent, you're set. On the small map, I had two of the five opponents on my continent, and took them out in time without too much difficulty (largely thanks to a goody hut giving me a UU very early)

Magellan
Prove that the world is round by uncovering a connected loop of tiles around the circumference of the world.

Anyone achieved this? My path around the world seems not to have worked.

Actually, this one's pretty easy; you only have to conquer the known world by 350 BC, so once you take out your own continent, you're set. On the small map, I had two of the five opponents on my continent, and took them out in time without too much difficulty (largely thanks to a goody hut giving me a UU very early)

Even easier. Play the "learn as you play" tutorial, build 4 hoplites, and kill Hiawatha. Done.

I think achievements are a bit bugged. I beat the game as Greece an didn't get the achievement but I did get one for winning as Askia. It might be because my Internet cut out mid-game (game still worked though). For some reason my Steam community page only sees 64 achievements instead of 120 so maybe I didn't get the Greece one because it's one of the missing achievements.

Top Bottom