Does Civ5 work in my computer.

ipilowe

Chieftain
Hi! and to the issue: Will my computer run civ5 complete in later game? I've been thinking about buying it now when my computer maybe can run it and I can afford it. System requirements lab tells my computer can't run civ5 but I tested steam demo with low settings and it worked fine. But real question is will it turn very slow at the end when there is lots of stuff in map etc?

I have Acer Aspire XC-605.
Windows 8 64-bit
Intel Core i3-4130 CPU ~3.4GHz
6144MB DDR3 RAM
DirectX version 11

And propably the problem graphics card:
Intel HD Graphics 4400 with 128MB dedicated and ~1800MB full memory.

Thanks about any answer in advance, I hope this is in right place and sorry my english. I'm not native speaker. :)

civ is much heavier on the CPU than the graphics. so I think you'll be alright.

This is relief. Referring to the system requirements lab only thing stopping my computer is graphics card and if it's more about CPU, my CPU should be far ahead from recommended.
Thank you. :D

If you later get graphical issues, try using the version of the executable using DirectX Version 9 instead of 11.

For what it's worth, I also think you'll be fine so long as you're happy with low graphical settings. The game gets increasingly CPU-intensive as the turns go on, but the graphical requirements don't ramp up anywhere near as much.

From the specs here it should work... that computer has enough to run civilization it seems.

Yeah. Bought it today and it seems to run fine even with medium settings. 4 players map with 6 city states. Haven't yet reached modern era but I'll trust now it will go just fine.

I just love this game. :eek:

Top Bottom