Why did they make a ban resource option...

JofOblie

Chieftain
If the AI doesn't know how to use it properly? They clearly didn't test this. People propose and vote to ban resources that their friends have, resources that are being traded to them. If they don't have it at that exact moment in time it's fair game, regardless of who else has it.

The World Congress is very frustrating because it's been so poorly implemented with regards to the AI.

maybee the AI dont need that resource anyway and want to ban it. could be other civs that have the resource to? but anyway i dont like the ban resource resolution either

I think it's to do with the AI not knowing what to do when it has nothing useful to propose. Humans would pick the proposal that gives culture to NW, the AI it seems just picks a random(?) luxury to ban. When I see this I usually see the civ that proposed the banning doesn't actually vote for it.

They might have done that to encourage AI conflict.

The AI will get mad at someone proposing to ban a luxury they currently have.

I have noticed that if I fail and turn down trade requests for a luxury I have, that the next proposal often includes a proposal to ban said luxury. My guess is that the AI proposes this when someone else refuses to trade them that luxury, so they think if they can't have it, no one can.

To the contrary, I have seen many AI's respond to my Warmongering by banning my monopoly on a Luxury when I am trading 3+

I think the problem with a is being able to ban a luxury is that they have unlimited happiness so they don't really need them.

Top Bottom