[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

ha.... newbs.... mine takes at most 30 secs.... but thats casue i gots me a 2 gigs of ram.... :goodjob:

Hi

Ok after 24 minutes I think it's safe to assume it's not going to work. Well, so it's not something obvious then... I have run the mod before an earlier version of Fall from Heaven II with no problems but recently had to format my HDD due to NORTONS. There is a new graphic card in but Civ IV works, just not this mod...

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Nvidia 7600 graphics card.

Thanks

Hully

darkonion said:
ha.... newbs.... mine takes at most 30 secs.... but thats casue i gots me a 2 gigs of ram.... :goodjob:

I love it when people think that a faster PC equals skill.

Hully said:
When run Civ IV (1.61) works fine, if I choose to load the mod it's there so thats ok... So mod chosen game quits to load mod, now if I watch Windows task Manager it show 100% CPU usage and then the HDD does its thing and CPU drops to 0% and that it nothing else happens....

(Nearly) no CPU usage is normal during the waiting period before the game actually starts. What's more important than your graphics card is the free space on your harddisk (and its speed) and potentially your amount of RAM.

Hully said:
Hi

Ok after 24 minutes I think it's safe to assume it's not going to work. Well, so it's not something obvious then... I have run the mod before an earlier version of Fall from Heaven II with no problems but recently had to format my HDD due to NORTONS. There is a new graphic card in but Civ IV works, just not this mod...

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Nvidia 7600 graphics card.

Thanks

Hully

I would check what Teg recommended and make sure you have at least 500 Meg of free space on your hard drive.

i installed this mod yesterady - you've made beautiful job thx :)
you've made civ4 once again interesting and playable :)

Hi

Ok HDD info:

Disk Type : Hard Disk
Peripheral Type : ATA
Model : WDC WD1600YD-01NVB1 (160Gb)
Free Space : 83%

Memory:

Physical Memory : 1024 MB

I have had an earlier version running but not since the new HDD and graphics card and a reinstall of OS.

I dont think we are going to solve this, as I said in my original post someone had the identical problem solved by updating to latest patch of Civ IV. Can someone please check my original post page 134 and check the info on my version am I upto date?

The patch says it's already installed, game says its version 1.00 Is this correct?

Sorry to go on!!!

Thanks

Hully

current version of civ 1.61 (or .6-something, dont recall) anyway, if your civ version isn't up to date that's most likely what it is. I think there's a link to the patch on the main page of civfanatics.

yeah my comp is creditably fast (not like onions and cheese up there (just teasing)) but it takes about 8 to 10 mins and thats loading directly to the mod - its worth the wait but it does raise the question - once this is a full fledged - hyperspace-ready game - will it be possible to mitigate the load times (i dont even know if i can put 2 gigs in my laptop ...)

It was answered before. It'd probably be longer once complete. A shame, so much things happening in FFH, it'd be nice if they can streamline certain parts which take most resources!

Im using a E6600, 2 GB of Ram and i have a Speed Raid Array of 2x 250 GB. The Mod takes about 40 seconds to load.
Anyways..i still love this mod. My wish for the next release would be to add more flavour to the civs, there are still some who miss uniqueness, unlike the Calabim who are awesome with all their Vampire-flair.

If you want faster load install FFH2 in My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS (same with patch). One minute with E6300 and 768Mo of Ram.

I think all heroes should start with loyalty.

It was possible to steal away a hero with dragon's roar. Doesn't make them very heroic if they just up and run!

make sure you don't have civ 4 installed twice I did that by mistake and kept thinking I still had v.1.0 when I did have both version 1.0 and 1.61 :D

I think all heroes should start with loyalty.

It was possible to steal away a hero with dragon's roar. Doesn't make them very heroic if they just up and run!
Well, then the loyalty spell is less useful. If it is important, invest in a law node. Also, watch those cult of Dragon cities, avoid producing your best units there if you can!

Hey is there something im not seeing about the Pyre Zombie? It has the same cost and even the same resource requirements as an axeman which seems to be superior in every way to the zombie because of the bonus against melee and the upgradeability. Is there something planned for the future for it?

I think Pyre Zombies explode when they die. I don't know what the explosion does though :D (collateral damage I guess, but to your stack or their ?).

I think Pyre Zombies explode when they die. I don't know what the explosion does though (collateral damage I guess, but to your stack or their ?).

damage to units in any adjacent stacks

Top Bottom