+52 G&K achievements added (with description)

I sunk your Imperial Capital: Probably involves capturing Rome in the Fall of Rome scenario

I missed that day in history class: Judging by the Celtic symbol and the Persian emblem, it's probably about Celts declaring war on Persia during the Fall of Rome scenario

Richard the Lionheart: Maybe conquer Jerusalem as England during the Into the Renaissance scenario?

8. Mehmet the Conqueror - As the Ottomans, defeat the Byzantines

Looks like we have our first look at the missionary and inquisitor units. And we now know what Byzantiums's symbol is (that orthodoxy cross with the diagonal bar running through the lower third.

We Are Family suggests you have to spread your religion to all the capitals

The Capture of Brielle was, a cursory Wikipedia check, confirms, carried out by the Watergeuzen, or Sea Beggars.

The achievement is listed with others that would seem to refer to UUs, so I take that of confirmation of the Sea Beggars as a Dutch UU, with the achievement perhaps for taking a city with them.

Don't forget to look at the icons: they're pretty helpful at indicating what the achievements are for.

I posted my guesses for all achievements in the last post of the first page. :)

The Last Crusade achievement is going to be my favourite. My guess is: capture the city with Petra using a Great War Tank/Landship. Pure Indiana Jones :D

Also: reclining Theodora confirmed. In a speculation thread someone posted a link to this painting, which is most likely a source of inspiration: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Benjamin-Constant-L'Imperatrice_Theodora_au_Colisée.jpg

I'm stumped on finding one for Dido. 'Hannibal's Crossing' sounds like it will be the achievement for crossing a mountain tile with an elephant.

This would be obscure, but maybe 35 ('No White Flag Here') as a nod to the recording artist Dido who had a single called 'White Flag'...

I like it when I'm right. :D

Where's the link to the XML file? It should have the achievements in their proper order, which would greatly help the speculating.

6. Longest. Name. Ever.
Ah c'mon!, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll is nothing compared to "Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu", or "Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit".

19. Nobody expects...
Well, this one is obvious. But isn't there already an achievement called "Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition"?

31. Baktun the Future
A pun on "Back to the Future" and the Mayan Calendar? Makes me wonder what the Mayan UA will be.

A pun on "Back to the Future" and the Mayan Calendar? Makes me wonder what the Mayan UA will be.

A baktun (properly b'ak'tun) is 20 katun cycles of the ancient Maya Long Count Calendar. It contains 144,000 days, equal to 394.26 tropical years. The Classic period of Maya civilization occurred during the 8th and 9th baktuns of the current calendrical cycle. The current (13th) baktun will end, or be completed, on 13.0.0.0.0 (December 21, 2012 using the GMT correlation). This also marks the beginning of the 14th baktun, as such a term is usually used among Mayanists.

They got the icons OR names of "win as William" and "win as Gustav" backwards.

"Silent No More" must be for William, while "Defender of the Faith" should be Gustav.

Lion of the North would be a Gustavus Adolphus victory. That's his appellation.

Uh no, the icon indicates "Lion of the North" is an achievement involving the Great General.

Gustav has indeed been described as "defender of the faith" by protestants.

Now, where's the link to the steam achievement output XML?

A baktun (properly b'ak'tun) is 20 katun cycles of the ancient Maya Long Count Calendar. It contains 144,000 days, equal to 394.26 tropical years. The Classic period of Maya civilization occurred during the 8th and 9th baktuns of the current calendrical cycle. The current (13th) baktun will end, or be completed, on 13.0.0.0.0 (December 21, 2012 using the GMT correlation). This also marks the beginning of the 14th baktun, as such a term is usually used among Mayanists.

Probably enter the Future Era with the Maya.

"Longest. Name. Ever." should be "Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit (Bangkok)"
However Bangkok was not called so until King Rama I named it so.

Top Bottom