What do you name your Custom Religion?

Regardless of the civ, I always name it "Macho Madness".

I watched a Let's Play where they were the Mayans doing ICS and named their Religion "The Plague".

In our current hotseat, my boyfriend (playing as China) called his 'Wu-hoo!' (pun fully intended I suspect) which makes it look like the city is cheering every time it spreads :lol:

If I was going to make a comic name for a religion, I'd play as Japan and call it "Dorakue" or "Monhan". (Look them up. They are almost religions over there!). Other ones you may care to try include "Cult of Mac" and "IB Doctrine".

Playing as Boudicca I always name it Druidry. Goes with Druidic Lore. And I pick the Shinto logo because it's similar in shape to a Stonehenge trilithon.

I've gone with things like "Coptic" (Christianity) for Ethiopia and Eastern Orthodox (Christianity) for Russia, "Sunni" (Islam) for Persia, Animism for Hiawatha.

I was playing as Austria and I thought this seemed the natural choice.

Funny thing is I showed this to Mrs Rumleech and she said "It's spelled with an 's' ."

:mad:

Yes, but it's said with a "zed"!

I tend to theme my religion.

Lots of food beliefs: Religion of Peas
Lots of hammer beliefs: Productivity
Playing as Spain: Supremacy
Playing as Netherlands: Dammit
Multiplayer: Winners

Once in a multiplayer game we were playing with every civ as Venice. I used the icon of Taoism and named my religion "Wowism", in honour of the many doges.

Usually it's Tangata manu, Teotl or Peyote. It annoys me that there are zero religions from outside the Old World.

Played a game as Portugal, my starting location was a big island (managed to make 9 cities in it, with 4 hexes spacing) surrounded by a generous amount of Pearls, Fish and Oil (plus some Atolls). Obviously, I chose "Tears of the Gods" as my pantheon, and when the religion came, I called it "Rosa dos Ventos" (it is the portuguese word for Compass Rose/Wind Rose, that thing used in navigation). My beliefs were Tithe, Pagodas, Choral Music and Religious Texts.

It was a great themed & diplomatic game, with lots of Naus, GMerchs, cargo ships and MANY overseas allies (both civs and CS). Everything fit perfectly with Portugal's maritime nature. I miss that game...

-----------

Also played once as Rome, and I planned to get Catholicism, but since Dido was a ass and got it first, I used the Judaism symbol and founded Pax Romana.

The same happened once as Greece: Ethiopia took Eastern Ortodoxy (which I would have changed to Greek Ortodoxy), so I used the Judaism symbol and founded Pax Olimpia (in honor of Mount Olimpus, of course).

Played a game as Portugal, my starting location was a big island (managed to make 9 cities in it, with 4 hexes spacing) surrounded by a generous amount of Pearls, Fish and Oil (plus some Atolls). Obviously, I chose "Tears of the Gods" as my pantheon, and when the religion came, I called it "Rosa dos Ventos" (it is the portuguese word for Compass Rose/Wind Rose, that thing used in navigation). My beliefs were Tithe, Pagodas, Choral Music and Religious Texts.

It was a great themed & diplomatic game, with lots of Naus, GMerchs, cargo ships and MANY overseas allies (both civs and CS). Everything fit perfectly with Portugal's maritime nature. I miss that game...

Nice :) When I played Portugal, I just went with "Igreja Católica", definitely should find something more creative the next time I play with a Lusophone.

By the way, does anybody else rename the World Conferences, too? With the Inca, after naming my religion "Kuzco", I ended up hosting several "KuzConferences" :p

Top Bottom