What do you name your Custom Religion?

Normal words are overrated!
M[ICON_GOLD[NEY is my fav... makes the "O" a gold symbol!

How come no one (me included) never thought to name a religion "The Force"? :p

By the way, does anybody else rename the World Conferences, too? With the Inca, after naming my religion "Kuzco", I ended up hosting several "KuzConferences" :p

I once played as Inca, went really wide (20 cities, iirc?) and religious, chose autocracy. Renamed the congress to "Holy Imperial Inca-Nazi Conference", because... well, the world was mine :lol:

I always name my religion after myself and it never fails to tickle me when a city state demands my faith by name. Good bit of game personalisation.

The thing that's missing that would be so easy is a selection of custom icons. You'd only need about a dozen of the usual suspects: 8-ball, bomb w/ fuse, skull & bones, the sun, flower, etc., etc. Can't understand why they didn't include that...

'Rimpaut'
'Primitive Cult'

are also a few more names for a custom religion that I could think of..

When playing Persia or Babylonia (my mains civs), I rename Zoroastrism as "Mazdayasna"(real name of this religion, who mean "followship of wisdom" in avestan, Zarathustra's tongue)

And when playing France, "Etre Supreme", the rationalistic god of the lumières philosophers and of the macons; and who was actively worshiped in the revolution time (culte de la raison et de l'etre supreme) until Napoléon get the catholisism back.(I love to playing france but I hate to be him. The greatest and more terrible millitary dictator for a culture based civ?! I've been prefer Napoléon III(latest french golden age, and the "city of light"'s rise), or Francoys 1er(french renaissence), Henri IV(most loved king of our history, exept by his slayer) or even Louis XIV!)

In my current game, I picked Taoism and renamed it to Aes Sedai.
Even the symbol is right.

When I was playing as England I picked buhdism and changed it to Boatism to represent my naval abilities and SOTL

Top Bottom