Welcome New Members

It's great to see all the "old timers" from '01 saying hello.

Welcome, all. You've joined a great community, especially if you're looking at customizing Civ. The mod community here is amazing. :)

Famulus Aulicus said:
Finally realized that I had an account here from back in the day. I think 2 posts in three years is pretty good though
Yes, but if you get up to five posts, your name is handled differently in the members database. ;)

Greetings all, just wanted to say hello. Like many, I'm a long time lurker. Loved Civ II and III but never played "I" because the Army was keeping me very busy back then (+ no computer). Thousands of years later (or so it seems sometimes), I'm married with a son and am now back to school working on a PhD. Pretty busy but knocking out my projects this week in preparation for the impending arrival. Should be great. I'm not too big on forums but I think you guys have a great one here. Very mature crowd for the most part and some seriously hard-core Civ fans. Very cool.

That's it, just wanted to say hello. Enjoy the countdown and happy gaming.

whats up everyone. been lurking on this board for about two weeks now, and it looks like a pretty active group here:goodjob: , so i decided to join.

Hmm a little about me, well i hated civ 3 but i hope civ 4 will bring me back to the fold.

Hi people,
I am Rajesh currently living in Bangalore,India.I first got to know about the Civ series through the review of Civ3 in a gaming magazine. Then downloaded the demo , in my college, was hooked in 30mins. formatted my OS a couple of times just to play more of it. Finally got the full version through my relatives in US. Since then, i have been playing it so often that, now even my mom knows a lot about Civ3.
I got to know about Civ4 about a month ago, since then have been just surfing the net and feeding on all the tidbits about the game.I have pre-ordered it, hopefully will get it by around November. :)
CFC has been my primary source for all info regarding Civ, have downloaded most of the mods. I am thankful to the CFC staff for maintaining the site and to all the modders from the phenomenal stuff they keep coming out with...

Hi all!

Just joined the forum but I've been a civ addict for years.. starting with that cheap imitation called "Freeciv" and then Civ3, which remains, to date, the one game I have wasted most of my time on :) Perhaps the only other game that came anywhere close was "Rome: Total War".

Been waiting for Civ4 for a long time now.. Hopefully it will be worth the wait!

Hi!!! I'm kinda new too!!! I've mostly been lurking around reading War Academy article for CIV III, learning that it was possible to beat the game higher than Regent level.... I fell on a succession game called Training day GK2... And my game improoved to the point that I'm feeling ready to play Empereur soon enough!!!

I'm a 25 yrs old that started my civ experiment with the first one!!! been addict ever since.... (with period of dexitoxication but I always come back to it)

I'm also here cause I feel you guys will be honnest about the new CIV 4 even if you're addict :) I feel like they change a lot with the new one... and will wait to see what you people think about it!!!! But I know that I'll buy it someday... its like woman... you can go without it!!! even if sometime life would be easier....!!!!

BTW if you dont like my english!!!! to bad I'm french ;)

I have browsed these fourms many times. Decided to join with the pending release of civ IV. I still have my original box of CIV for DOS with the 1.44MB floppys. I have been addicted to this game way too long :)

Greeting... hello and welcome to all. I have visited this website numerals/thousands of times but never participated in any discussion before. I am a total Civilization addict/fan. I played the game when it was first launched and had send many feedbacks to the official sites.

When the first civilization was introduced i was a mere teenager, trying to establish all understanding between managing my own bedroom to my own CIV! This was great. Enhance my ability to micro-macro manage stuff. Later did my parents find out the reasons why i haven't been showing my face in the livingroom / diningroom (this is coz i was almost stuck in my bedroom exploring and conquering new worlds).

I followed every Sid Meier's games very closely and i am glad that they have done very well over the years. Civilization 4 is something i am eagerly waiting for... unfortunately, i'm living at the other side of the world, Asia/Australia, the game will have a later release date.... So, i am patiently waiting for the days coming...

I will start with the Chinese civ as i believe they are the oldest civilzation in the world with so much culture and technology. I believe the Chinese first invented the crossbows in the early BCs and have travelled as far as America with huge ships (jongs), almost the size of a football field in the very early years.

Welcome all! I've been at CFC for a while but can only be considered a casual player by most of your standards. I played the original on my brother's pc but really loved CIV III. I've pre-ordered CIV IV but RL makes playing allot pretty tough. Still, I hope to get good enough with CIV IV to finally get into an SG in stead of just lurking. Training Game, anyone?

Howdy!

I've been a lurker at this site for quite a while, learning all kinds of good stuff about Civ3, and even recently trying out some graphics mods/upgrades. I find that this site has solid info and a great community.

I've been into Civ since Civ I. I don't play on the highest difficulty levels but I know the game well, I've played obscene amounts of Civ, and I'm a definite victim of "just one more turn."

I've been playing PC games since my Atari 800 in ancient times and games like Civ, MoO, XCom, Warlords, etc are still amongst my all time favorites.

I've been playing some Rise of Nations (I'm not an RTS person but I love RoN's mix of RTS and Civ-like elements) and Civ3 again lately to kind of gear up for Civ IV, and I guess, in a way, to say goodbye to an old friend (Civ3).

I'm psyched at how Civ IV is looking and can't wait to grab it at the first opportunity next week. I'm counting the days and scouring the web looking for tidbits of info til that moment!

Hello Civilized World,
it was about time for me to register, because i am following the discussions in the forum from time to time for nearly a year. But the friendly welcome-thread made it easier!
Im Lutz from Germany, 31 years old. I'm a urban and regional planner, so playing civ is also improving business-skills.:scan: I started with civ 1 and got immediatly addicted. Main problem is my Computer at home is only a pentium II 300 mhz, so anything beyond civ2 is not playable. But a new computer is definetely needed with civ4 arriving. One week ago i reinstalled civ2 the 3rd time on the old computer. I always took it off the computer, because i spent to much time playing. Happens again. I'm trying a one-city-space-race-victory on civ2 at the moment without success. Is it generally possible? Wrong forum, i know.

Hello like-minded civ fans from everywhere. Talk about a lurker- this is my first post anywhere anytime! Obviously it took a momentous event (cIV) to bring me out of my shell. I'm 34 years old, and been a closet PC game fanatic since Wizardry came out on the Apple II many years ago. Civ II is where my civ career started, and its been a reality threatening affair ever since. Gotta run- fiance is banging around dishes loudly which means I've been online too long! See you around.....

Hello. My 1st post here. I live in Riverside California and just love Civilization. I'm a high school teacher and played
Civilization III most every day of my last summer vaction.

I've loved simulation gaming since I began at 14 in 1974.
Back in the day of Strategy and Tactics magazine and Avalon Hill. Got my 1st IBM computer in 1985 for the purpose of gaming.

But Civilization is the best computer game ever.

Krumly Lu Wopa said:
Hello. My 1st post here. I live in Riverside California and just love Civilization. I'm a high school teacher and played
Civilization III most every day of my last summer vaction.

I've loved simulation gaming since I began at 14 in 1974.
Back in the day of Strategy and Tactics magazine and Avalon Hill. Got my 1st IBM computer in 1985 for the purpose of gaming.
Whoa an S&T fan! I have a big closet full of those games among many others. Welcome to CFC KLW. :D

I've been playing Civ since version one - using four floppy discs on my Amiga back in the early nineties!!!! - I fondly remember the hassle when the third or fourth disc would mess up and how great it was to start playing it on a pc (it was seriously slow on the Amiga - which is both good and a bad thing). I went on to purchase Civ II and Civ III when they came out. But I'm a casual gamer at best - can't be bothered with difficulties above Monarch most of the time (especially on Civ III).

Civ is still my favourite game even after over a decade of other games - that's how blooming good it is. I'm really looking forward to Civ IV.

Hey fellow addicts
I just fond this site today while Googleing terran.exe fix for Alpha Centauri

I started playing civ1 on my Amiga….while they were still making those (yep that’s right I’m a dork :D ) I’m kinda blaming it for having failed my history exam twice! He he and yet I still find myself starting up a new game a little to late at night and suddenly realize the sun is rising and its two hours till I have to be at work :mischief:
Looks like a great forum I think ill stick around

I´m not that new in CFC, but I never had the chance to do a formal presentation.
I´ve been playing Civ since Civ 1 came out back in the early 90´s and I has a little kid. (Am Only 22) Time, bad computers made me forget the series until a couple of years ago, when a friend show me Civ3. Heaven. Discover the forum trying to see if I can alter the game a little. Heard News about a Civ 4 in progress. I´ve been living here in this forum since.
The game is not out yet, I maybe not able to play it until 2006 :)( ) but I´m alredy gathering ideas for mods and secenarios.

@Knight_Dragon: I still spending a LOT of time playing, but I hang around here a lot. Is that bad sign? :blush:

Hi there anybody,

I am new to CFC and want to say hello to all of you! I am 36 years old and live in Bremen Germany. I am aerospace engineer and have played Civilisation since the Civ (1) game in 1991. I always thought its actual version to be the absolutely best computer strategy of its time. During my studies I spent quite a couple of nights too much playing it. Of course I also will buy and play Civ 4, but what has made me joining the CFC is definitely the GOTM series. I recognised it half a year ago and liked the idea from the beginning. To have a competition with all players playing in single player mode the same map is much more interesting then playing multiplayer games since the situation is comparable. Balanced multiplayer games always need somehow mirrored maps so you start with a certain pre-knowledge of it. I didn't have much time this summer, so the first GOTM I participated in was 47. I did quite bad, but since then my Civ 3 game results have improved tremendously. Thank you all for your efforts in developing detailed strategies and tactics to master Civ 3. (I would never have had the time and energy myself to figure out something like RCP!!!)

@ ainwood :

BTW, Great game design - the GOTM 48 with Korea! I really enjoyed playing it.:goodjob:

I've been browsing CFC since 2002, but I never actually posted until recently. I used to post at Apolyton lots and lots, but then stopped after c3c got a bit old. When I wanted to go back to posting, for some reason I couldn't post anymore, even though I could log on. I sent the mods many emails, but they never responded. (If any of you guys see this, :help: )

Anyways, I decided to start here. It's interesting to see lots of people use both forums! I like CFC and I think I'll stay! :woohoo:

For those of you who remember, I started posting on forums since SMAC was being developed and Firaxis asked for people to be named as casualties on the UNS Unity on their forum to put in the storybook. Yeah. That was me. Old School.

Top Bottom