Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hello, remember me?
I've been out of the loop.

I swear though, I am totally back into playing this mod. In it's new incarnation.

Oh, Good, I managed to download this from Atomic Gamer. Obviously, that's the final sign of the Apocalypse. :)

I'll go give this a run through, and see how much it's different from Next War advanced.

That's the story of my life, a new version comes out two days after I start playing it. :)

I have to say I do enjoy it so far.

Ive got a problem with this mod, and I cant run it. I actually just started using this account because I cant get around the problem :( .

When I try clicking the single player button on the main menu, I get a Runtime Error, but only if I played the game earlier that day. If I have not played it all that day, no error, but eventually it crashes anyway.

So I just downloaded and installed the main file and I noticed there are also two additional file downloads: Leaderheads and ExtraCivs.

Is it recommended to install both of these as well and are they still compatible with the latest version of C2C?

Thanks!

Ugh. The new version does the same as the older one. Ive got 3gb of ram, and a Geforce 210, so I think I should be able to run this mod.

Ive got a problem with this mod, and I cant run it. I actually just started using this account because I cant get around the problem :( .

When I try clicking the single player button on the main menu, I get a Runtime Error, but only if I played the game earlier that day. If I have not played it all that day, no error, but eventually it crashes anyway.

Ugh. The new version does the same as the older one. Ive got 3gb of ram, and a Geforce 210, so I think I should be able to run this mod.

Here is one review of your GC:

The GeForce 210 is indeed a very entry-level solution only capable of offloading the CPU when playing high-definition video (as opposed to Nvidia’s earlier GPUs, the new 40nm ones offer hardware acceleration of entropy decoding and bit stream processing for VC-1 format). It also supports audio-over-HDMI although the card still has no integrated sound core. It receives audio via PCI Express, and this is itself a great improvement over the earlier implementation, especially as the new method supports HDMI 1.3a, i.e. High-Definition Audio formats. The GeForce 210 is not a gaming card with its 16 shader processors, of course. The best it can do is to run simple and undemanding games like The Sims. It is not even declared to support PhysX due to such poor computing resources.

btw Welcome to CFC.

So I guess that means I cant run the mod then?

Damn.

I used to run Next War Advanced properly before...

Hello Strategy only.

First of all, I love your mod.

However, I see two bugs that you maybe able to fix. The first one was in V7 as well, the second one just appeared with V8.

1- Once a path is made by a gatherer, I cannot build a mud path on that same tile later in the game. As a result, I cannot get the 1/2 movement bonus on all the tiles where I previously built a path to connect my ressources.

2- With V8 only, sometimes, buildings are missing from the tech tree. Not always tough. In some games I've played, everything was perfect but sometimes, the Elders council does not appear under cultural identity in the tech tree so I cannot build it when I get the tech. Same for the Wheelwright, Villas, establishing embassies when I get writing, etc. Now when I start a game, I have to check everything in the tech tree right from the start in order to make sure everything is there otherwise I wont be able to build these buildings later.

Hello Strategy only.

First of all, I love your mod.

However, I see two bugs that you maybe able to fix. The first one was in V7 as well, the second one just appeared with V8.

1- Once a path is made by a gatherer, I cannot build a mud path on that same tile later in the game. As a result, I cannot get the 1/2 movement bonus on all the tiles where I previously built a path to connect my ressources.

2- With V8 only, sometimes, buildings are missing from the tech tree. Not always tough. In some games I've played, everything was perfect but sometimes, the Elders council does not appear under cultural identity in the tech tree so I cannot build it when I get the tech. Same for the Wheelwright, Villas, establishing embassies when I get writing, etc. Now when I start a game, I have to check everything in the tech tree right from the start in order to make sure everything is there otherwise I wont be able to build these buildings later.

1. should have been fixed in v8. (I have not played far enough to be sure, myself.)
2. sounds like a bad install (or download). You did delete the old version of Caveman2Cosmos before installing the new, didn't you?

1. its possible, to be honest i have not played far enough in v8 to build mud paths

2. i dont think its a bad download or a bad install because it is doing the same to two of my friends. But I will try to download it again never the less. I did delete V7 before installing V8.

Thanks

1. its possible, to be honest i have not played far enough in v8 to build mud paths

2. i dont think its a bad download or a bad install because it is doing the same to two of my friends. But I will try to download it again never the less. I did delete V7 before installing V8.

Thanks

Thinking back I may have experienced the same thing but since I was testing other things I did not take note. I will have to investigate further.

I've just upgraded my graphics card to a ATI Radeon 4830, still cant play mod.

I'm pretty sure I could definitely be able to run this mod. Im just getting a runtime error when I click singleplayer however.

I've just upgraded my graphics card to a ATI Radeon 4830, still cant play mod.

I'm pretty sure I could definitely be able to run this mod. Im just getting a runtime error when I click singleplayer however.

OK, do this then: At the Start button (depending on which OS you have) either do a search or Run, then type in DXDIAG and show me your first page there.

Alright, here you go. I added the display one aswell just incase you needed it.

OK then, i see you have a 32 bit OS, have you done the 3GB switch then? Updated your drivers? This mod is very taxing on a 32 bit OS.

OK then, i see you have a 32 bit OS, have you done the 3GB switch then? Updated your drivers? This mod is very taxing on a 32 bit OS.

Drivers are definitely done. Whats this 3gb switch?

EDIT : Did the 3gb switch, rebooted my computer and the game got past the crash!

Top Bottom