Max number of religion

Sorry to necro this threat but I found it via search function.

My idea is to expand the number of religions and beliefs to suit for a 43-civs-game by simply cloning everything coded in CIV5Beliefs.xml via a mod. Maybe 2 x 13 religions = 26 religions and 3 x all the beliefs ...

Did anybody try this before? Any experience with religious cloning?
There are quite a few mods on steam workshop that add new religions to the game, and new beliefs to go along with them, or mods that just add new beliefs to the game.

Wow. Seven religions.

I don't play on huge maps but there must be some utterly useless religions that arise.

In general only certain things are useful about religions. I've founded a religion late on small maps and found there was nothing left to pick I really wanted (usually want happiness more than anything else from religion).

I can't imagine how pathetic the 7th religion to be founded must be.

Anyone got any examples of what late founded religions are like from actual games?

On a related note, personally I've found only three reformation beliefs to be of any benefit (charitable missions, sacred sites, and to the glory of god). If all three of those are gone, you might as well quit dumping points in piety. I'm not even sure if some of the reformation beliefs actually work at all, let alone affect the game in a positive way.

P.S., I never go wide. Frankly by the time universities roll around I have no trouble building one in a short time in my "good" cities, and/or it's no big deal to just buy it.

I've found money is a limit in the early game, and ... I just have enough to do whatever in the late game.

So I've never understood this fascination with Jesuit Education. My faith is usually spent on Great Engineers. I don't even bother spreading my religion honestly, just protect my cities with inquisitors. You just aren't going to win that fight with the AI, unless the geography makes it virtually impossible to unseat.

I like going wide on a huge/giant map like in earlier Civ/Col versions... So a belief which gives me culture per plantation on a giant map with hundreds of calendar luxuries may be very usefull to get extra culture for policies. (Especially as Japan who also get additional culture per sea resources. Japan has a chance to pick the first pantheon belief when they start near Mount Fuji (TSL)) I also like Pagodas ... however I never went full piety so I was not able to get 2 religious buildings in my religion so far.

I like going wide on a huge/giant map like in earlier Civ/Col versions... So a belief which gives me culture per plantation on a giant map with hundreds of calendar luxuries may be very usefull to get extra culture for policies. (Especially as Japan who also get additional culture per sea resources. Japan has a chance to pick the first pantheon belief when they start near Mount Fuji (TSL)) I also like Pagodas ... however I never went full piety so I was not able to get 2 religious buildings in my religion so far.
Piety has nothing to do directly with being able to get a second religious building as part of your religion. Getting a second belief-building only has to do with enhancing your religion before the AI snaffle up all the beliefs that allow religious buildings.

You only need to get to Organized Religion in Piety to add the +1 :c5faith: to Shrines and Temples, and that only requires opening Piety first. And in the race to Enhance, it is probably the only viable Piety Policy you can get that will ever make an impact on your ability to Enhance before all the Religious Building Beliefs are gobbled up.

The Mandate of Heaven can also be useful in reducing the cost of Pagodas and what-not, but if you are trying to get two religious buildings as Beliefs in your religion you shouldn't really be buying anything with Faith until after you enhance, so spending Culture-Points on Mandate of Heaven might not make sense if you have not already enhanced.

Top Bottom