Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
walking in ice, where is no civ but barbarian only, and able to see only by world builder, like a spy.

Edit:
no one has an answer? Never seen this? Is this an easter egg of a forgotten feature or what?

That's a Great Diplomat. They are deliberately invisible to all players, like Spies, so they can use their Force Peace ability without getting destroyed. I believe you have to move the Diplomat into the other civ's territory to force peace with that civ.

That's a Great Diplomat. They are deliberately invisible to all players, like Spies, so they can use their Force Peace ability without getting destroyed. I believe you have to move the Diplomat into the other civ's territory to force peace with that civ.
IIRC, it's not necessary to move GD to enemy territory. You can force peace from within your own borders.

Should I set new mods to activate automatically to ease installation?

Should I set new mods to activate automatically to ease installation?
Hey dbkblk, welcome back! Do you have time to work with us again? There's one thing I'm sure I can't fix but maybe you can do it easily: I think the offline patcher has some problems with revisions >1000. I recall someone reporting problems with updating with offline patcher.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14253627 said:
Hey dbkblk, welcome back! Do you have time to work with us again? There's one thing I'm sure I can't fix but maybe you can do it easily: I think the offline patcher has some problems with revisions >1000. I recall someone reporting problems with updating with offline patcher.

It was me, but I found a solution: I installed the mod on a pen-drive. Ran the launcher. Noticed the error message about BTS.exe not found. Than chose to update as others do. Than at home I just delete/rename the earlier rev folder and copy the new one to its place.
Why I didn't think of it before :crazyeye:
"Necessity is the mother of invention"

Good to see you again dbkblk - and I'm still not used to your name not having any vowels :crazyeye:
Are you back?

Hi :)
I'm still not playing Civ 4 anymore but I'm willing to help. I have taken Sogroon remark in account but I was tired of compiling Qt statically on Windows. Now that I have find a way to cross-compile Windows executables from Linux, it gave me enough energy to fix that problem!
I'll try to update the game with translations and a fix in the coming days.

My work is really taking me a lot of time (like 50+ hours a week).

And both of you, how are you these days ? :)

@Sogroon: No vowels, but no need to pronounce it :D new pseudo, BTW?

Hi :)
I'm still not playing Civ 4 anymore but I'm willing to help. I have taken Sogroon remark in account but I was tired of compiling Qt statically on Windows. Now that I have find a way to cross-compile Windows executables from Linux, it gave me enough energy to fix that problem!
I'll try to update the game with translations and a fix in the coming days.

My work is really taking me a lot of time (like 50+ hours a week).

And both of you, how are you these days ? :)

@Sogroon: No vowels, but no need to pronounce it :D new pseudo, BTW?

Nice to see you around again!
50+ hours? If these are actual working hours that's insane, either I would be dead or if I survive my wife would kill me anyway. I frankly think that after a certain amount of time there's no gain in working more, you'll spend more energy than it's worth it. But I suppose it depends on the person and on the job.
I'm OK although I'm away from my modding PC as I'm renovating my flat and won't come back home with my PC available before end of May. Glad to see you around, I know you're a hard worker but I wish you an easier time at work! :)

Edit: ZN, aren't you from Hungary? I think you shouldn't have any problem with words with too few vowels :)

Hey folks!

According to the FAQ there is a possibility to change all features in the mod.
I'm looking for a way to change the number of wonders allowed to build.
Maybe I just missed to check a box so please could someone tell me how to change this? :confused:

Thanks in advance! :D

Hey folks!

According to the FAQ there is a possibility to change all features in the mod.
I'm looking for a way to change the number of wonders allowed to build.
Maybe I just missed to check a box so please could someone tell me how to change this? :confused:

Thanks in advance! :D

\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\XML\GameInfo folder
CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml

This file controls the number of available wonders on different culture levels:

<iMaxWorldWonders>0</iMaxWorldWonders>
<iMaxTeamWonders>0</iMaxTeamWonders>
<iMaxNationalWonders>0</iMaxNationalWonders>
<iMaxNationalWondersOCC>8</iMaxNationalWondersOCC>

What really matters for most players are the lines in red.

There is one more thing affecting the number of WWs (but not NWs)
<iWonderCapacityIncrement>1</iWonderCapacityIncrement>
used in Buildings.xml
This tag is used on the Sphinx for +1 wonder for example.

One more thing you may want to try is my modmod (see my signature). One of the modules is called Wonder/Full Cities. This module is increasing wonder cap (WW and NW both) on later cultural levels and also adds iWonderCapacityIncrement for the Village Hall line. Whit this module you can build more wonders in a city than in the regular game but not as much as with Unlimited Wonders option.

sorry for asking. but i don't find answer in forum
I installed your mod over Steam version of game and it gave this warning

it sends to your website http://anewdawn.sourceforge.net/pages/install/
but it does not work right now
can you say what instructions have been written there? please

also the launcher doesn't see the new updates

PS the update was successful now
PPS Website earned. I have done what was written there. but now there is an error.

It happened to run mode through launch from Beyond the Sword

there is a US resolution "Global Civic Redevelopment"

What that is exactly ?

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 66
there is a US resolution "Global Civic Redevelopment"

What that is exactly ?

That's actually: "Global Civic - Redevelopment"
Redevelopment is a Foreign Policy civic. This resolution means that everyone has to use that civic - same as with other civics.

That's actually: "Global Civic - Redevelopment"
Redevelopment is a Foreign Policy civic. This resolution means that everyone has to use that civic - same as with other civics.
ok, but what "Redevelopment" is? what it is causing exactly? can't find it in civopedia

the cruse missile I built always shows grey fields, like attacke range = 0
As I understand, it should work like a bomber, 1) choose what to attack and 2) within a limited range choose the field.
But I have grey fields only.
:confused:

Is there a way to disable settlers' ability to show tile yields? When I play on gigantic map everything is fine until I discover most of the map - then there's always an annoying pause (up to few seconds) after settler finishes his moves. It happens only with settlers and I think it may have something to do with their unique ability to show these tile yields. When map is relatively small - everything is fine, but maybe when map becomes larger my PC starts having problems with it and that's what causes these pauses?

I'm sure it's caused by these tile yield icons because when I click the button to show them (I play with that option off) and then turn it off - game freezes for about 10 seconds. That's why I hope turning off that settlers' ability would solve my problem with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom